• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA Name Change

3 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

I hope you are right, but the big question what will be what are our options. We don't bring a huge fanbase, so if we are going to make any moves in football in the next 2-3 years we need to put a quality product on the field and be a good program by results standards since unfortunately we don't bring a lot of other tangibles to the table. 

It may take time, but Shinnick wasn’t hired to go 6-5 every year. I think it might take 2-3 years, but we will be a playoff contender again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

It may take time, but Shinnick wasn’t hired to go 6-5 every year. I think it might take 2-3 years, but we will be a playoff contender again.

Hopefully we can time being good again with next big shift at our level. I trust the hire, but being successful for a period of time is going to be our best way to be on the right side of any of these conference realignments. I actually do trust the people we have in charge at this point (which was not always true in the past). The list just isn't that long of what we bring to the table. However, our football program did who its potential in early 2010s. We just need to sustain some version of that. 

This was about being in the year 2023, and colonial being “offensive”. I understand why they did it, but it’s not because of the new teams. The only new state, NJ, was also one of the original 13 COLONIES. 

I am excited for us to take on the William & Mary Tribe (that name is all kinds of offensive too, lol) in COASTAL Williamsburg,VA 😆

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

This was about being in the year 2023, and colonial being “offensive”. I understand why they did it, but it’s not because of the new teams. The only new state, NJ, was also one of the original 13 COLONIES. 

I am excited for us to take on the William & Mary Tribe (that name is all kinds of offensive too, lol) in COASTAL Williamsburg,VA 😆

I referenced this in an earlier post, and I agree. I personally like the name Colonial Athletic Association. Between football and basketball I believe there’s a member from each of the original 13 colonies, with the exception of Georgia. (I’m doing this off the top of my head). Adieu to the Colonial. If anyone was offended by that name, it says more about them than anything else. As this is a TU sports message board, I will (probably) cease any further comments on this topic, other than to end with this thought: the name change in the grand scheme of things is relatively meaningless, BUT, if the impetus for it, in any way, was to cancel the word “Colonial,” that is a victory for the perpetually offended, who are driven to rewrite history in the “best” Orwellian traditions. Nuff said 

• Haha 1

Who knows what sport, more than likely it will be one of the women's teams, but can't wait to hear sometime this year "And the Towson STATE University Tigers are COLONIAL Conference Champions!"

Maybe the name change is a last ditch effort to entice Coastal Carolina into the league!  HAHA

10 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

???

The writer, Eric Blum, towson guy, i think he was in the Jewish frat aepi. Anyways he was saying the name change from coastal to colonial is really a big nothing. Unnecessary, not that cool, not that different than what it was. Not really specific as to which coast lol Not even really a collection of “coastal” destinations 

5 hours ago, Blounge said:

The writer, Eric Blum, towson guy, i think he was in the Jewish frat aepi. Anyways he was saying the name change from coastal to colonial is really a big nothing. Unnecessary, not that cool, not that different than what it was. Not really specific as to which coast lol Not even really a collection of “coastal” destinations 

Gotcha. I mean there’s a lot to agree with here.   The schools are more “colonial” centric than “coastal” but it’s not like we have teams in Oklahoma and Ohio lol.   It’ll still be the caa to most and “coastal athletic conference” to the talking heads on tv 😂

Not sure about the rest of the group on this page but when I reference the conference when speaking with friends I say Colonial not CAA and just like those fools that continue to put State in our name it will take me awhile to say Coastal.

• Like 1