• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Monmouth routs Tigers 42-23 in home opener

4 hours ago, TSU88 said:

If we, as armchair QB’s, knew that Kent isn’t going to win us any games, why would the coaching staff not bring in a better QB from the portal? “Low expectations for year 1.” That’s a rousing slogan and something to really excite the (few) fans we have. Sorry, I want more than that, year 1 or no year one 

Our expectations are just have a team. Who cares if they are good. That goes for all sports. 

4 hours ago, Royal Tiger said:

When should we start to care about wins and losses? Towson athletics may be #1 in terms of most seasons that don't count/matter.

We pick and choose seasons and games that count and don’t. Just be happy to have a team! It was saved in 1990 something or whatever. 

3 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Man, I wish there were as many fans coming for Skerry’s head as there are coming for Shinnick’s.

Pete is TWO games into his Towson career. Two. Everyone settle down. He’s working with a bit of a patchwork roster and hasn’t had a full recruiting cycle to work with yet. The two teams we’ve played so far aren’t the dregs of college football. 

Clearly we’re in need of better QB play. I’m confident that will be addressed in the future. 

We disagree on a lot. There should be everyone clamoring for a skerry firing. The folks on here are fine with mediocrity. 

The hire was strange one. Time will tell if it’s good. He’s had little to no d1 experience, is on the older end and doesn’t seem to show off high energy.  He knew the qb situation and was unable to fix it. Obviously he’s going to get time to work it out. He may even get a life time contract if he finishes 2-9. Rob sucked year one and was here for over a decade. 

But why do other programs with new coaches without their guys and girls continually beat us? Why are newer programs from lesser conferences continually beating our asses?? What excuses are we going to use?  

since my freshman year the program is 69-82. That drops to 43-72 without West. Those are awful. 

Edited by TuTigers2012

17 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

He knew the qb situation and was unable to fix it. 

This is my point. This guy may turn out to be the Nick Saban of the FCS (I’d love nothing better). But he was hired on 12/11/22. Ostensibly, the first assessment of his new personnel was the QB position. I say that because it’s kind of an important position. And what’s his response? He brings in this kid Brown, from Liberty, who could not beat out a walk-on (I don’t care if Kent is on scholarship now, he’s a walk-on). So, that leaves us with Kent, who I’m sure is a nice kid, but does not appear to be a particularly good QB, though admittedly it’s a small sample size so far. So, what assumptions can we make? (1) the HC did not do a particularly good job of assessing the QB’s he inherited; or (2) he tried, but did not succeed, in bringing in a better QB via the portal. Neither one seems particularly encouraging. This season is now not about W’s & L’s (it probably never was) but more about assessing personnel, with an eye towards next season. So be it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Oh Lordy 100,000 people saw us go out there and suck 

100,000 saw us lose to a team with 22 more scholarships. That’s not as bad as the 457 people who randomly tuned in or fell asleep to the show on before, monumental sports last night.  They saw us really suck. 
Just goes to show you, college sports in this region are just not a priority 

31 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

This is my point. This guy may turn out to be the Nick Saban of the FCS (I’d love nothing better). But he was hired on 12/11/22. Ostensibly, the first assessment of his new personnel was the QB position. I say that because it’s kind of an important position. And what’s his response? He brings in this kid Brown, from Liberty, who could not beat out a walk-on (I don’t care if Kent is on scholarship now, he’s a walk-on). So, that leaves us with Kent, who I’m sure is a nice kid, but does not appear to be a particularly good QB, though admittedly it’s a small sample size so far. So, what assumptions can we make? (1) the HC did not do a particularly good job of assessing the QB’s he inherited; or (2) he tried, but did not succeed, in bringing in a better QB via the portal. Neither one seems particularly encouraging. This season is now not about W’s & L’s (it probably never was) but more about assessing personnel, with an eye towards next season. So be it. 

Towson qbs and point guards, more rare than Bigfoot and the Lochness monster put together 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I’m not trying to be purposely confrontational but when you write “no qb has been an issue the last couple of years and nothing will get better on the offensive end until that is addressed,” you’re making my point, which is why didn’t the new HC address this chronic issue through the portal, which he had ample time to do? 

No problem. None taken. I don’t know all the particulars but read that bringing in this coach was a last minute thing so maybe he didn’t have the time to make a thorough evaluation. Did the best he could with what was available. Again small sample size and the situation he came into was not ideal I guess. Get at me in year two or so and reevaluate accordingly. 😂 

All of you doomsayers are funny. You expect him to clean up this mess immediately. He's a good man and a good coach. I went to one of those coffees that they sponsored and we sat with him for 2 hours. He is the kind of person that you would want your kids to go play for, not like the prior guy. You could have a conversation with him and like him afterwards you like him. Unlike the prior guy who makes you feel like vomiting whenever he was interviewed. All of you running down the D2 schools, several of them would do quite well in the CAA. 

19 minutes ago, Towson17 said:

All of you doomsayers are funny. You expect him to clean up this mess immediately. He's a good man and a good coach. I went to one of those coffees that they sponsored and we sat with him for 2 hours. He is the kind of person that you would want your kids to go play for, not like the prior guy. You could have a conversation with him and like him afterwards you like him. Unlike the prior guy who makes you feel like vomiting whenever he was interviewed. All of you running down the D2 schools, several of them would do quite well in the CAA. 

Where and when are these coffee chats?

Towson Football Alumni,

We hope you are doing well and had a great Fourth of July holiday with friends and family!  This summer as we look towards the start of the new season, we will be hosting five "Coffee with Coach Shinnick" events designed for you to get to know Towson's new head football coach.

As many of you who may have already met Coach Shinnick either through his Zoom calls, phone calls, or personal meetings, know, he is very eager to meet and truly engage with as many Towson Football alumni as he can. He knows that you are the foundation of the program that he has inherited and looks forward to building genuine relationships with many of you.

Football alumnus and owner of Bagel Works of Hunt Valley, Tim Giancola ’94, has graciously offered to host several Coffee with Coach Shinnick” get togethers. These will be informal conversations with Coach and a handful of football alumni over the following dates and times.

July 13, 9am, Bagel Works of Hunt Valley

July 21, 9am, Bagel Works of Hunt Valley

July 25, 9am, Bagel Works of Hunt Valley

August 8, 3pm, Towson University

August 16, 3pm, Towson University

On 9/10/2023 at 1:26 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Towson qbs and point guards, more rare than Bigfoot and the Lochness monster put together 

Is this Jack Pellicciotti a legit Freshman prospect then for the Shinnick rebuild?