• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

UNH preview

12 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

ARETE!! Let’s try and keep this one within 30!

Lol wtf does arete even mean? Play lackluster uninspired football? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

He tapes the show on Tuesday. I assume he has zero to do with posting it on YouTube. 

Well tell the unpaid intern to get his shit together 

Half a million for his contract. Tell coach to take $50k off and grab the best graphic designers and videographers at Towson and pay them as interns

8 hours ago, sr16 said:

Half a million for his contract. Tell coach to take $50k off and grab the best graphic designers and videographers at Towson and pay them as interns

Right? So much for an incentive bonus for drawing more fans this year. (The weather screwed him, completely out of his control) but imagine if it was a beautiful sunny day and a packed house of first time freshman at a game to watch us lose to Norfolk state! That might have been even worse

throw that money around (wherever said money is coming from)

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

Hey @mat1992 what made you fall in love with towson athletics originally? What keeps you going after all these years?

I don't know what keeps me going other than the fact that I've witnessed 16 straight years of losing basketball. If I didn't quit back then, after watching dreadful basketball, then what's the point? I always saw a glimmer of hope I guess.

What made me fall in love with the program was back when I was a student. I was able to take a trip to Dayton in 1991 with the basketball team and broadcast our loss to Ohio State. I also stayed in Syracuse for three days to broadcast the 1991 championship game against North Carolina (loss). The basketball program won three straight conference titles while I was there. The baseball team and men's soccer team won the East Coast Conference titles. Even the gymnastics team, which I covered for the Towerlight, went to the national championship. Everything basically went downhill after I left except for the football program, which went from getting cut in 1990 to going non-scholarship in the mid-nineties to making the FCS title game in 2014. You can't even write a story about what that program has been through.

I always felt that somebody should cover this program because Maryland has about 10 blogs. I guess I like the hobby and distraction. I'll be there tomorrow at SECU right before and during the NFL games (which I love watching and will DVR), trying to check out MBB practicing about 2 months after I watched them during the summer. I guess you have to love the program to sacrifice a small part of your NFL Sunday to watch practice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tualum said:

I smell an upset brewing today! You heard it here first!

I’ll have what you’re having 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tualum said:

I smell an upset brewing today! You heard it here first!

I had that thought too. Teams bounce back with a vengeance after an embarrassing loss. UNH isn’t that good, Goh tigers!

Edited by Blounge
  • Haha 1