• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football falls to Albany 24-17

1 hour ago, etiger said:

There you go again, 

Advocating for the shut down of TU Football. Why don't you just shut your pie hole.

Advocating for the best use of our limited resources. If you think I’m talking about an fcs team that averages 4 or so wins, in front of 3,800 people, then so be it.

Hope the new coach can turn it around, as he seems like a genuine nice guy, unlike the last one.

43 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Advocating for the best use of our limited resources. If you think I’m talking about an fcs team that averages 4 or so wins, in front of 3,800 people, then so be it.

Hope the new coach can turn it around, as he seems like a genuine nice guy, unlike the last one.

What can they do to draw more? It’s WILD how you have to almost pay people to go to a towson football game 

1 minute ago, Blounge said:

What can they do to draw more? It’s WILD how you have to almost pay people to go to a towson football game 

Winning cures a lot of ills, but it goes deeper than that; a largely apathetic student body; a similarly apathetic alumni body (the number of engaged alum, compared to the number of total alum is minuscule I think); a surrounding community which really isn’t a college town, but more of a suburb, with sports allegiances to professional teams; and a deficient marketing strategy, to the extent a successful strategy is out there somewhere, waiting to be unearthed. 

Baby steps, I guess. Let’s become a consistent winner (not just outlier seasons here and there) and hopefully get attendance up to near 10K a game. I don’t have the stats in front of me, but what was our highest average attendance during the Ambrose era? I’m highly skeptical we’re ever going to get to a point of 15k or more a game & I’m equally skeptical FBS is viable, but I also don’t believe scrapping the program (or moving down) is the answer. It’s hard for me to imagine a university with 20K students not having a football program, and while I understand the dollars and cents argument, I’d like to think there are intangible benefits to having a football program 

• Like 3

There was no chance of getting a huge crowd yesterday. I don’t care if they were undefeated. You had nearly 70,000 at a Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks concert and 45,000 at an Orioles playoff game. I’m probably one of the few Towson nerds that turned down an offer to go to the baseball game. Y’all get the point.

Now getting more students in the stadium is more important. I assume some went to the game and very few went to the concert though I assume their parents or grandparents did. Getting them to come to the stadium for 1,000 beanies is not enough. Should be more giveaways but I get that it becomes pretty hopeless when the team can’t win at home. It’s beyond disappointing to have that kind of crowd on Homecoming but let’s face it. All three home games. One had lightning delay, one had a small hurricane with a downpour in the second half and the other went against a rare huge playoff home game that was delayed over a hour. Can we buy an f-ing break?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blounge said:

40 bucks for a ticket doesn’t help.  Bad product for a decade (sans 2 years) doesn’t help. Poor marketing and promotion doesn’t help.  
Do students have their own tailgating lot anymore?  I think that would help, as it would centralize their location. Very small item but they need to building the fucking pedestrian bridge over osler already. That will help with people walking and driving to events.
Also think that not swiping your one card hurts students numbers. you need to download an app and claim the ticket. Might seem trivial but when they post videos, a lot of students don’t know what that is or how to claim tickets. 
Wouldn’t hurt putting together a “commuter”pre game event before games. These students aren’t always on campus so if you can give them a few reasons to come back to campus, the better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

40 bucks for a ticket doesn’t help.  Bad product for a decade (sans 2 years) doesn’t help. Poor marketing and promotion doesn’t help.  
Do students have their own tailgating lot anymore?  I think that would help, as it would centralize their location. Very small item but they need to building the fucking pedestrian bridge over osler already. That will help with people walking and driving to events.
Also think that not swiping your one card hurts students numbers. you need to download an app and claim the ticket. Might seem trivial but when they post videos, a lot of students don’t know what that is or how to claim tickets. 
Wouldn’t hurt putting together a “commuter”pre game event before games. These students aren’t always on campus so if you can give them a few reasons to come back to campus, the better. 

$40 is too much. Wow. 
I assumed around $15-20 these days.  
Cal football is $39 a ticket. 

$40 a ticket is way too greedy for the realistic state of the program. Should be begging people to show with $10 tickets and a giveaway every game

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

$40 a ticket is way too greedy for the realistic state of the program. Should be begging people to show with $10 tickets and a giveaway every game

actually my son just said the tickets for Cal game against Oregon State were $18 online plus all the taxes etc.  Around $30

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

$40 is too much. Wow. 
I assumed around $15-20 these days.  
Cal football is $39 a ticket. 

That’s the regular price not secondary market. $30 in advance $40 day off. Let’s not kid ourselves and think people with young kids are planning out their Towson football game plans in advance.  

• Like 2

Albany's team seems better this year than prior years. They beat Villanova 31 - 10 last week and their two losses were vs FBS teams. Lost by 11 to Hawaii & by 4 at Marshall.