• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football comes back to beat URI 31-30

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Newark. Missoula. Bozeman. Fargo. Williamsburg. Just to name a few lol

12 game schedule next year. So 8 wins likely gets in. Del and Nova is atleast 1 loss so it’ll be tough 

Have you looked at the Nova and UD rosters? What’s returning for next season?  How many will jump into the portal?  How many additions from the portal? Thanks for your pompous opinions and insight into all things TU.  
BTW, rosters will change from semester to semester… that’s the new NCAA.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Have you looked at the Nova and UD rosters? What’s returning for next season?  How many will jump into the portal?  How many additions from the portal? Thanks for your pompous opinions and insight into all things TU.  
BTW, rosters will change from semester to semester… that’s the new NCAA.

😂. Rosters will change. Those two have been top of the league for a bit. Both blew us out this year.  Both will likely be good next year. We will more than likely be better next year.  They are two tough teams. Winning both isn’t out of the question but a split is way more likely. We haven’t won in Newark in a decade.  
Thus leaving a 1 game cushion.   

27 minutes ago, Blounge said:

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2023-attendance-leaders-bzbz/

CC: Steve Eigenbrot; Pete Shinnick, Dominick Kogok

we can’t be #99 out of 128 in attendance below Morgan State AND Stony Brook who sucks at every sport. Monmouth is the only CAA school worse than us. Unless bucknell is now a CAA school too I can’t remember 

They aren’t. Monmouths stadium is around 4,000. They have 15000 fewer undergrads 

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

They aren’t. Monmouths stadium is around 4,000. They have 15000 fewer undergrads 

What is really sobering about this list is that only 11 of the teams behind us fill less of a % of their seating capacity. Using the analysis of % attendance compared to capacity, we’re  actually worse than 99th out of 128. We’re practically in the bottom 10. If I’m Eigenbrot, this has to be very worrisome. Granted, the 1st two home games this season were adversely impacted by weather, but there’s more to it than that. In no way am I advocating for disbanding the program, or moving down to D2, but there needs to be some serious improvement, and soon. Am I wrong, or wasn’t it that long ago that we at least averaged 6-7K a game, or thereabouts?

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 7:54 AM, TuTigers2012 said:

Newark. Missoula. Bozeman. Fargo. Williamsburg. Just to name a few lol

Here is my personal list. Biased for places I have been. I enjoy checking out stadiums on road trips so been to a decent number

Newark: Absolutely not, I almost spit out my coffee reading this. the stadium is in the middle of flat parking lots and fields. nowhere near the core campus or downtown. literally on the wrong side of the tracks. Been to a game

Missoula & Bozeman: 1000% both fantastic towns with amazing views of the rockies from the stadiums with huge local support because the Cats/Griz is the only sports in the state. I lived in Bozeman for a winter, driven by both many times. Yes, it's cold but the scenery is worth it

Fargo: No; it's just cold and flat. Same for all the Dakota schools. Driven by

Williamsburg: Yes; but also pretty stuffy people. Same feedback for most of Ivy's. Generally cool, old stadiums but the alumni are the worst.  Been to a game

San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly): Yes, in the heart of SoCal wine country. Rolling hills, palm trees, beaches, sun, warm weather. Driven by

Georgetown: Small but built right into the heart of campus. Went to a lax game

Ogden (Weber State): Right in the mountains, very close to campus. Cool ski town. Driven by

Driven by: UC Davis, Sac State, Western Carolina, Maine, UNH, Youngstown, Howard...we beat all of them 

BONUS Personal FBS ranking:
Awesome: App State, Nebraska, UCLA, Penn State
Fine: Notre Dame, UVA, VT, GT, USC, Minnesota
Booooo: JMU, Maryland, GA State (lol, its a baseball stadium)

Edited by TheGoldCrotchPiece
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Here is my personal list. Biased for places I have been. I enjoy checking out stadiums on road trips so been to a decent number

Newark: Absolutely not, I almost spit out my coffee reading this. the stadium is in the middle of flat parking lots and fields. nowhere near the core campus or downtown. literally on the wrong side of the tracks. Been to a game

Missoula & Bozeman: 1000% both fantastic towns with amazing views of the rockies from the stadiums with huge local support because the Cats/Griz is the only sports in the state. I lived in Bozeman for a winter, driven by both many times. Yes, it's cold but the scenery is worth it

Fargo: No; it's just cold and flat. Same for all the Dakota schools. Driven by

Williamsburg: Yes; but also pretty stuffy people. Same feedback for most of Ivy's. Generally cool, old stadiums but the alumni are the worst.  Been to a game

San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly): Yes, in the heart of SoCal wine country. Rolling hills, palm trees, beaches, sun, warm weather. Driven by

Georgetown: Small but built right into the heart of campus. Went to a lax game

Ogden (Weber State): Right in the mountains, very close to campus. Cool ski town. Driven by

Driven by: UC Davis, Sac State, Western Carolina, Maine, UNH, Youngstown, Howard...we beat all of them 

BONUS Personal FBS ranking:
Awesome: App State, Nebraska, UCLA, Penn State
Fine: Notre Dame, UVA, VT, GT, USC, Minnesota
Booooo: JMU, Maryland, GA State (lol, its a baseball stadium)

So what are we judging/opining off of?  Location of stadium? Campus?  town?  I was under the assumption it was the overall town/experience.  If so I stand by my statement. 
Our stadium is in the middle of parking lots also and a hospital campus…

On 11/21/2023 at 12:56 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

So what are we judging/opining off of?  Location of stadium? Campus?  town?  I was under the assumption it was the overall town/experience.  If so I stand by my statement. 
Our stadium is in the middle of parking lots also and a hospital campus…

Very late to respond with the holidays. Was just my personal list. I think it's pretty clear I favor views of elevation change and historic buildings in the background and walkability vs flat parking lots in the middle of nothing. 

For the most part our lists are not that different and clearly my list isn't tied to actual fan support.

HOWEVER; I will firmly stand by believing Delaware Stadium or the Fargodome are not better than Johnny U.

• Delaware Stadium: is in a field, with zero views of anything other than parking lots and other athletics buildings. some of the parking lots are legit fields. you have to cross the northeast corridor high-speed rail tracks to get to core campus. It's a 28 minute walk to the library which is much closer than most of the rest of core campus.
  • Fargodome: is just as close to core campus as Johnny U (using my library landmark it's 18 mins vs 17 to Johnny U) but you are surrounded by 360 degree of flat parking lots and nowhere near downtown if you wanted to walk to a bar before/after the game. it's also a dome built in 1992 with blue and red seats for a school for colors are green and yellow. not to mention the stadium is at the literal end of a runway for the airport. no thank you
  • Johnny Unites: yes we have parking lots near the stadium but they are pretty small and have nice trees to break up the sea of asphalt.  I actually think it's more annoying when they get full and you have to park in the union garage but that isn't a huge walk and a full stadium is a great problem to have. the stadium is built into a nice natural bowl, giving it a more enclosed feel and the views of Sheppard Pratt at least are of historic buildings and trees that really shine in fall colors. By no means in Johnny U perfect, cough... track.. cough but of all the things not great about Towson athletics our stadium is not one of them.  

54 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Very late to respond with the holidays. Was just my personal list. I think it's pretty clear I favor views of elevation change and historic buildings in the background and walkability vs flat parking lots in the middle of nothing. 

For the most part our lists are not that different and clearly my list isn't tied to actual fan support.

HOWEVER; I will firmly stand by believing Delaware Stadium or the Fargodome are not better than Johnny U.

• Delaware Stadium: is in a field, with zero views of anything other than parking lots and other athletics buildings. some of the parking lots are legit fields. you have to cross the northeast corridor high-speed rail tracks to get to core campus. It's a 28 minute walk to the library which is much closer than most of the rest of core campus.
  • Fargodome: is just as close to core campus as Johnny U (using my library landmark it's 18 mins vs 17 to Johnny U) but you are surrounded by 360 degree of flat parking lots and nowhere near downtown if you wanted to walk to a bar before/after the game. it's also a dome built in 1992 with blue and red seats for a school for colors are green and yellow. not to mention the stadium is at the literal end of a runway for the airport. no thank you
  • Johnny Unites: yes we have parking lots near the stadium but they are pretty small and have nice trees to break up the sea of asphalt.  I actually think it's more annoying when they get full and you have to park in the union garage but that isn't a huge walk and a full stadium is a great problem to have. the stadium is built into a nice natural bowl, giving it a more enclosed feel and the views of Sheppard Pratt at least are of historic buildings and trees that really shine in fall colors. By no means in Johnny U perfect, cough... track.. cough but of all the things not great about Towson athletics our stadium is not one of them.  

We are going to have to agree to disagree, except on the track! 
I’d rather the stadium have a shitty field and need to walk 300 steps more, but have a winning team with fans ..

On 12/6/2023 at 1:36 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree, except on the track! 
I’d rather the stadium have a shitty field and need to walk 300 steps more, but have a winning team with fans ..

ohhh I would 100% take the worst stadium in the country if we won championships and had a packed house.