• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Cole debuts but MBB still falls to South Dakota State 61-48

4 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Real question, how much is Skerry’s buy-out? 

We’d have to know if there’s even a buyout clause in his contract. I mean, after giving him an 8-year extension, who knows if they even put a buyout provision in his contract? For all we know, it might be the total cost of the remainder of his deal 

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Good news there’s atleast 7-10 people who won’t be back next year 

Who would we even want back, amongst the guys who have played so far? (I’m excluding Cole, Tarke, and Watson). I’d take Sulaiman back, as a role player. I’d take Tejada back, though if he winds up averaging 13ppg, he’ll be a candidate to be poached. I’d take Williamson back. Aside from that…May, I guess, though at the quarter pole he’s been a disaster as far as his shooting. 

9 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Who would we even want back, amongst the guys who have played so far? (I’m excluding Cole, Tarke, and Watson). I’d take Sulaiman back, as a role player. I’d take Tejada back, though if he winds up averaging 13ppg, he’ll be a candidate to be poached. I’d take Williamson back. Aside from that…May, I guess, though at the quarter pole he’s been a disaster as far as his shooting. 

I was thinking lowery and maybe 2 others. Tejada will leave (as he should. Won’t develop here).  Suliman is a senior right?  Tarke and Watson maybe? Who knows otherwise the rest can and probably should move on. 

48 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

I guess we are getting to the point where we say...."He graduates kids and he is a great human being". 

Yes we are.  Pretty silent from the pat support group sans BAT. 

Every other school fires coaches and moves on expect us. 3 years May be a lot. But 2 we should be able to do. Otherwise it’s another Kennedy situation but uglier. .530 win percentage. When you play the types of schedules we do. That needs to be way higher. 

for the ones who want to move conferences. We can’t leave the caa to move unless it’s further down. Look no farther than mediocre basketball. Mediocre football and horrific baseball. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

was thinking lowery

I totally forgot about Lowery. Yes, I’d want him back. Thing is, other than Tejada (who might leave on his own volition) the other guys I’d like to see return (again, not counting guys who haven’t played yet this season, or Cole, who’s barely played), Sulaiman,Williamson and Lowery, are all role players. May, I don’t know. I think a lot of us had high hopes for him this season. There’s obviously a long way to go, but if what we’ve seen so far is indicative of the player he is, then I’d shed no tears if he wasn’t back next season.

TBH, the fact that I’m already thinking about next season is a bad sign 

Edited by TSU88
  • Haha 1

Understand all the frustration but can we not speculate who may or not be here next season.  Assuming players and coaches read this board.  
I get it and I’m not making excuses..  we have to be better but this is our team and despite any ill will feelings towards the program we gotta support these players and coaches as best we can.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Understand all the frustration but can we not speculate who may or not be here next season.  Assuming players and coaches read this board.  
I get it and I’m not making excuses..  we have to be better but this is our team and despite any ill will feelings towards the program we gotta support these players and coaches as best we can.  

If a player at a low-to-mid major puts up numbers, nothing posted on this board is going to stop the sharks in the water from trying to poach him (sorry if I’m mixing my metaphors). That’s just the way it is. If a player is performing poorly at a low-to-mid major, nothing posted on this board is going to stop the coach from trying to replace him, or the player looking for a change of scenery. 

I think more than 1 thing can be true at the same time: one can support the program in a variety of ways (season tickets, TAF and NIL donor) but still offer fair criticism of what is a bad team so far this season, and a coach who is in what, his 13th year & hasn’t gotten to a conference championship game yet.

I can’t do the Emporer’s New Clothes thing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

If a player at a low-to-mid major puts up numbers, nothing posted on this board is going to stop the sharks in the water from trying to poach him (sorry if I’m mixing my metaphors). That’s just the way it is. If a player is performing poorly at a low-to-mid major, nothing posted on this board is going to stop the coach from trying to replace him, or the player looking for a change of scenery. 

I think more than 1 thing can be true at the same time: one can support the program in a variety of ways (season tickets, TAF and NIL donor) but still offer fair criticism of what is a bad team so far this season, and a coach who is in what, his 13th year & hasn’t gotten to a conference championship game yet.

I can’t do the Emporer’s New Clothes thing 

You make some valid points and obviously you continue to support this program.  I just get frustrated that we are 8 games in and already mentioning that Tejada will be out the door.  And yes May has struggled to score but I truly believe he’s gonna find his shot and get better.  I didn’t give PS the extension and I mentioned a ways back how I thought PS did a great job getting us out of purgatory but it was time to pass on the program to the next coach for the next phase.  He’s not going anywhere so I gotta suck it up and support the players who chose to play for us.  
These players aren’t so thick skinned like us older folks.   

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

3 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

If they can’t take rightful criticism from a few of us here then do we really want them?  Don’t they preach “Towson tough”?   

Need to be better. This is a bottom 5 offense out of 362 teams. If they can’t, they will be replaced.  It’s 2023 not 1995

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I just get frustrated that we are 8 games in and already mentioning that Tejada will be out the door. 

Point duly noted 

• Like 1