• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Cole debuts but MBB still falls to South Dakota State 61-48

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If they can’t take rightful criticism from a few of us here then do we really want them?  Don’t they preach “Towson tough”?   

Need to be better. This is a bottom 5 offense out of 362 teams. If they can’t, they will be replaced.  It’s 2023 not 1995

Yes in 1995 we didn’t have social media and fan message boards.   It is all magnified now in 2023.  Beat the hell out of PS who has been here for 13+ seasons.  Ease up on players who’ve only been here a season+ is all I ask.  

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Yes in 1995 we didn’t have social media and fan message boards.   It is all magnified now in 2023.  Beat the hell out of PS who has been here for 13+ seasons.  Ease up on players who’ve only been here a season+ is all I ask.  

I think there’s a balance. I don’t have a problem with pointing out flaws in a player’s game, but it shouldn’t become personal. I tend to believe being critiqued comes with being in the public eye. I also suspect our board is tame, compared to many others. 

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I think there’s a balance. I don’t have a problem with pointing out flaws in a player’s game, but it shouldn’t become personal. I tend to believe being critiqued comes with being in the public eye. I also suspect our board is tame, compared to many others. 

I don’t doubt other boards probably scrutinize hard.  These kids aren’t pros but with all the media coverage and stats available etc we examine every game with close eye.  They aren’t perfect and gonna have some stinkers as they figure out how to play together this season.  
If we were expected to win yesterday then ok I guess rip into the team. 
Do we doubt any of these current players aren’t working hard?  
May has a solid freshman season and now we are calling him a Non D1 player.  
Ease up on the kid.  

17 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

You know what we (Towson) DID have in 1995?? A rubber/synthetic basketball court.  Allow me to type that again.  We were a "D1" program playing on some kind of rubber/synthetic basketball court.  If I have our history correct, we were the last D1 program to install an actual/proper wood floor.  But isn't that perfectly symbolic and on-brand for Towson athletics?? 

Towson has never been the most forward-thinking or ambitious school when it comes to athletics.  At critical junctures, when smart decisions need to be made (hiring, firing, extensions, marketing, etc.), the decision-makers are usually asleep at the wheel.

Our AD is still new enough that I think he gets a pass, but we need someone who can inject some life, attitude and swagger into our programs.  A visionary leader who understands when a basketball coach hit his ceiling about 3 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Do we doubt any of these current players aren’t working hard?  
May has a solid freshman season and now we are calling him a Non D1 player.  
Ease up on the kid.  

I’m beyond the point of being satisfied with guys working hard.

May averaged 4ppg as a part time freshman. Numbers don’t lie-he’s off to a brutal start as far as shooting. I personally haven’t labeled him a non-D1 player, but I see nothing wrong with citing to the fact that so far he can’t put a beach ball in the ocean 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m beyond the point of being satisfied with guys working hard.

May averaged 4ppg as a part time freshman. Numbers don’t lie-he’s off to a brutal start as far as shooting. I personally haven’t labeled him a non-D1 player, but I see nothing wrong with citing to the fact that so far he can’t put a beach ball in the ocean 

Never said you labeled him that.  
We are taking years+++ of frustration out on this current group of players because of decisions made they had nothing to do with.  Embrace this group of players is all I’m asking.  Only 8 games into a season.  

Just now, Bay Area Tiger said:

We are taking years+++ of frustration out on this current group of players because of decisions made they had nothing to do with.  Embrace this group of players is all I’m asking.  Only 8 games into a season.  

You & I are just going to have to agree to disagree. I’ve nothing against the coach or players personally, but I’m not embracing the product I’ve seen on the court thus far 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I get chastised for beating Pat to pieces too. He brings them in. He deserves the blame. They aren’t pros but can get criticism too. Sorry we don’t agree on that

55 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I also suspect our board is tame, compared to many others. 

Without a doubt 

34 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

You know what we (Towson) DID have in 1995?? A rubber/synthetic basketball court.  Allow me to type that again.  We were a "D1" program playing on some kind of rubber/synthetic basketball court.  If I have our history correct, we were the last D1 program to install an actual/proper wood floor.  But isn't that perfectly symbolic and on-brand for Towson athletics?? 

Towson has never been the most forward-thinking or ambitious school when it comes to athletics.  At critical junctures, when smart decisions need to be made (hiring, firing, extensions, marketing, etc.), the decision-makers are usually asleep at the wheel.

Our AD is still new enough that I think he gets a pass, but we need someone who can inject some life, attitude and swagger into our programs.  A visionary leader who understands when a basketball coach hit his ceiling about 3 years ago.

You contradict yourself a bit there.  Say we aren’t forward thinking (statement of the century 😂) and then say give the new AD a pass, right after. That’s SOT attitude. I don’t think he’s done a bad job so far but he can’t be happy with how things have gone and doesn’t want to hitch his wagon to a lame duck career .500 coach who hasn’t sniffed a conference T championship let alone a final appearance. 

20 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I don’t think we are. We all knew this team was going to be average and scoring 62 would be the norm. But we haven’t played the toughest schedule and averaging 57, shooting 38% and 28%

You say “only 8 games” that turns into 12 then 15 then the seasons over.  That’s an excuse. This team was together all summer and played competitive games against teams without Watson and tarke. To be this inept offensively at this point is unacceptable and everyone is to blame.  

How can other teams with ton of turnover play well but we can’t?  How can other teams bring in guys and they score 18-22 a game?  Players come and go and yet our results stay the same. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I don’t think we are. We all knew this team was going to be average and scoring 62 would be the norm. But we haven’t played the toughest schedule and averaging 57, shooting 38% and 28%

You say “only 8 games” that turns into 12 then 15 then the seasons over.  That’s an excuse. This team was together all summer and played competitive games against teams without Watson and tarke. To be this inept offensively at this point is unacceptable and everyone is to blame.  

How can other teams with ton of turnover play well but we can’t?  How can other teams bring in guys and they score 18-22 a game?  Players come and go and yet our results stay the same. 

Excellent point I forgot about. Had the summer trip!