• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

May scores 27 to lead MBB over UMass 81-71

13 minutes ago, Blounge said:

AND Morgan state! Charm city classic trophy. You could argue we also beat Coppin so that really only leaves Loyola and Goucher left for us to slap around to be the Baltimore Basketball Bad Boys 

I think (and really hope) that you are joking 

41 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I think (and really hope) that you are joking 

Taking care of Morgan, Coppin, Loyola and Goucher ........and getting excited about that.....is a pretty low bar. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

A free Happy Hour at Gators?  Is Gators even open or am I dating myself.  Let's drop the Arcadia game and get Loyola on the schedule so we can get a true city sweep!

Gators was before I was born! That part of Belvedere square now has Zen West and Swallow at the Hallow as the main attractions. There also used to be a bar called Craig’s(also known as favorites) that was the epicienter of underage debauchery at the Baltimore city/county line circa 2011. It was rightfully shut down after years of charging $15 cover to let every college freshman into the bar 

C15046A0-D78E-4B9C-BF96-C9B185C43D62.png

Towson in the 90’s must have been heaven on earth. 35 cent draft beers on Mondays at Gators?  Foosball tournaments every Sunday? I would have been there every day 

AFED3883-E2CA-44F5-B0F5-8C3428464903.png

Thanks for introducing me to this legendary place i cannot go to unfortunately. I wonder if it was around in 80s If so my dad was definitely there

8795C3FF-3695-4409-A15C-3CB6318206EA.png

5AF635FB-A58F-4209-B06C-E6F15CA2FEFC.png

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

UMBC lost to Morgan state so I think that means the charm city classic can be ours on Saturday! Is there a trophy? A crabcake? A chaps pit beef sandwich for the winner? Smith island cake at Jimmy’s Famous Seafood?

A keg of Natty Boh.

• Thanks 1

PS in his last Spiro report wanted Loyola on the schedule to make it a true Charm City Classic.  Maybe next season?  
No trophy.  Winners get a crab dinner!

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

5 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Towson in the 90’s must have been heaven on earth. 35 cent draft beers on Mondays at Gators?  Foosball tournaments every Sunday? I would have been there every day 

AFED3883-E2CA-44F5-B0F5-8C3428464903.png

Those were the good ole days of bars looking the other way many times at the under-21 crowd.  Being on the 'old side' of campus, it was a lot easier to walk uptown for options rather than trying to figure out a ride to the south end of York Rd and those destinations.  The easiest spots were Mia's (in the building next to the bank across from what is now Starbucks), Poor Richard's uptown, and The Crease (also uptown, right next to what is now I think the traffic circle on York Rd...been a while).  But outside of those, there were plenty where you didn't need much of a budget to get wrecked on a particular night.  Could feel it changing right around the time I graduated in late 90s as the town was starting to evolve and re-develop itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

PS in his last Spiro report wanted Loyola on the schedule to make it a true Charm City Classic.  Maybe next season?  
No trophy.  Winners get a crab dinner!

No thank you. 

22 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Taking care of Morgan, Coppin, Loyola and Goucher ........and getting excited about that.....is a pretty low bar. 

Sheesh, yup. Big reason we are still just happy to middle of the pack in a weak, dying conference