• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

D-Will

https://towsontigers.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats

No, I'm not going to suggest Dylan Williamson is the point guard we've been looking for for 30 years since Devin Boyd graduated. I've suggested that we maybe had the next guy in Brian Allen (one year), Butler All-American Mike Green (nice move PK by pushing him off for Cantrell Fletcher), and Jerome Hairston (or what could have been). But he's shown flashes of being the guy or a guy, either as a lead guard, combo guard or sixth man. One of the many reasons we need Tarke, aside from Hicks' injury, is that he can take pressure off of the redshirt freshman. He had some rough moments in the Charleston Classic against Houston and North Texas. But 36 assists in 10 games is good for 3.6 per game. That's pretty good considering how crappy we shot in the first eight games. And 1.9 turnovers per game isn't bad for a new point guard, who had to face Houston and went scoreless in the game and had one of his best games in the opener against Colorado (15pts). The three-point shooting (23.9%) is disappointing but that can certainly improve as he plays more off of the ball and gets better looks. The ability to drive is there and hopefully allows him to get to the line more (7 of 9 FT). 

10 5 268 26.8 31 92 .337 11 46 .239 7 9 .778 80 8.0 4 11 15 1.5 15 36 19 13 0

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

He just reminds me so much of how Dwayne Wade played.   

Ugh, I wish he was 6-4, 220. He's a slasher and is deceptively athletic (not that athletic). Love the way he's getting guys involved. He should average 5-6 assists per game because of his ability to attack guys off the dribble. He's also a better shooter than the numbers show, especially from 3.

• Like 1

I know there’s a school of thought that a player shouldn’t lose his starting position due to an injury, but I say phooey to that. Williamson should remain the starting PG even if Hicks does return from his injury. He has a dimension to his game, driving to the basket, that Hicks simply doesn’t. And notwithstanding his 1-8 from 3 yesterday, I think he’s just as good, if not better, an outside shooter as Hicks. 8 assists yesterday. I wonder when the last time one of our PG’s had 8 or more assists in a game? I’m not counting Holden, who wasn’t a traditional PG, but instead was a point forward 

How tall is he actually? He looks kinda small out there, but he’s fearless and as dynamic a pg we have ever had in the skerry era

jerome hariston could have been good if he stuck around long enough for Bennimon to come to town

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

How tall is he actually? He looks kinda small out there, but he’s fearless and as dynamic a pg we have ever had in the skerry era

jerome hariston could have been good if he stuck around long enough for Bennimon to come to town

He’s listed at 6-1 180

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I know there’s a school of thought that a player shouldn’t lose his starting position due to an injury, but I say phooey to that. Williamson should remain the starting PG even if Hicks does return from his injury. He has a dimension to his game, driving to the basket, that Hicks simply doesn’t. And notwithstanding his 1-8 from 3 yesterday, I think he’s just as good, if not better, an outside shooter as Hicks. 8 assists yesterday. I wonder when the last time one of our PG’s had 8 or more assists in a game? I’m not counting Holden, who wasn’t a traditional PG, but instead was a point forward 

Agree, especially when the one being replaced isn’t really starting caliber.  

His defense has been fine. He gets some steals and hasn’t hurt us. His shooting % is lower than it should be, from taking a lot ~8-10 late shot clock deep threes. He has shown flashes of breaking down the defense, penetrating and getting to the rim. That’s a useful skill which we haven’t really ever had. 

On 12/10/2023 at 11:21 AM, Blounge said:

Hairston played with Bennimon.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BK_Brian said:

Hairston played with Bennimon.

I thought it was during JB’s sit out year (back when transfers had to do that)

15 minutes ago, Blounge said:

I thought it was during JB’s sit out year (back when transfers had to do that)

Nope. That was the 1-31 year.  BK is correct.  Jerome played a full year with Benimon. (18-13 ineligible year). And then had a meltdown in the locker room at Kansas a few games into the next season.