• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Bryant Preview

Phil Martelli Jr..  I feel old. 
2004 and Billy Packer scolds the committee for making 27-0 St Joe’s a 1 seed.  
As time goes on..  Butler, VCU, George Mason, Gonzaga, Loyola Chicago etc..  the Mid Major tag took off! 

Interesting mid-major day of teams at similar levels at UBS Arena with Towson-Bryant, Delaware-Rhode Island and St. Joseph's vs. Iona.

I went to a similar version of this event in Chicago last year when it was Towson-Northern Iowa, Tulane-George Mason, Dayton-Wyoming and Vanderbilt-NC State. These are good days for college hoops junkies, although with a long drive back to Minneapolis and a bad taste from the Towson game in my mouth I only stayed for part of George Mason-Tulane.

Hopefully tomorrow goes better against Bryant than last year. I do like these neutral-site opportunities against what are supposed to be solid mid-major teams (Northern Iowa and Bryant have let us down the past two years, and we have let them down too after having an amazing NET in 2021-22).

This is also a good opportunity to see Delaware live before we get into conference play, not that we don't both already know each other inside out. Although, with the transfer portal it is hard to know a lot about teams from year to year. 

• Like 1

Looks like Towson is favored by two points in this one. I actually feel like we are slightly undervalued (I would have said -4, but I am admittedly only pretending to know anything), which may seem crazy.

Of course, we have done nothing outside of the state of Maryland (our one good road performance was at UMBC) to warrant being a favorite. When you look at our list of games it feels like we have been overvalued for most of the year, but it also looks like Bryant has been too. I do find it odd that they crush Florida Atlantic, but lose by 16 to Boston University and 11 to Stony Brook. 

2 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

Interesting mid-major day of teams at similar levels at UBS Arena with Towson-Bryant, Delaware-Rhode Island and St. Joseph's vs. Iona.

I went to a similar version of this event in Chicago last year when it was Towson-Northern Iowa, Tulane-George Mason, Dayton-Wyoming and Vanderbilt-NC State. These are good days for college hoops junkies, although with a long drive back to Minneapolis and a bad taste from the Towson game in my mouth I only stayed for part of George Mason-Tulane.

Hopefully tomorrow goes better against Bryant than last year. I do like these neutral-site opportunities against what are supposed to be solid mid-major teams (Northern Iowa and Bryant have let us down the past two years, and we have let them down too after having an amazing NET in 2021-22).

This is also a good opportunity to see Delaware live before we get into conference play, not that we don't both already know each other inside out. Although, with the transfer portal it is hard to know a lot about teams from year to year. 

Pretty good slate.  Week before Christmas too far for me to get there but would be a fun day.  With that said I much rather our game being last of the day.  That way if we lose my whole day isn’t shitty haha

Good morning from San Francisco California..  it is a great day to be a Towson Tiger.   Will be in the East Bay today for a football camp but will be wearing my Towson gear proudly and listening come 11am PST.  
Tarke the Shark makes his debut and he is gonna close out on opposing players driving like JAWS!

This is our time now…. we’ve suffered long enough.   Let’s stay united and if you aren’t with us right now then you are our mortal enemy.   

PS- Has anyone booked the suite yet at the Barclays Center???  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Good morning from San Francisco California..  it is a great day to be a Towson Tiger.   Will be in the East Bay today for a football camp but will be wearing my Towson gear proudly and listening come 11am PST.  
Tarke the Shark makes his debut and he is gonna close out on opposing players driving like JAWS!

This is our time now…. we’ve suffered long enough.   Let’s stay united and if you aren’t with us right now then you are our mortal enemy.   

PS- Has anyone booked the suite yet at the Barclays Center???  

Tarke the shark 🦈 Love it

how we feeling boys? Who else bet the Tigers to cover -2 today!?

• Like 1