• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls in double OT to Bryant 101-93

https://towsontigers.com/news/2023/12/16/mens-basketball-williamson-nets-career-high-tigers-fall-101-93-in-double-overtime-against-bryant.aspx

Towson blew a four-point lead with seven seconds left in regulation and fell to Bryant 101-93 in double overtime on Saturday afternoon in New York. After a timeout that was called with seven seconds left by Bryant and there were no timeouts left, Tyler Tejada made 1 of 2 free throws to give Towson a 71-67 lead. Then three seconds later Rafael Pinzon made a three-pointer to cut the lead to 71-70. Dylan Williamson was fouled and made both free throws, but Doug Edert was fouled in the backcourt by Christian May with a little over three seconds left and Edert launched a long 3-pointer. They called the foul in the act of shooting, which gave him three free throws and he sunk all three to tie the game. 

Towson had pretty good performances from Dylan Williamson (18pts, 4 asts, 3steals), May (15pts), Tyler Tejada (16pts, 7rebs) and Messiah Jones (15pts). But Charles Thompson struggled against the press (6 turnovers) and had a key turnover in the first overtime with Towson up one. He also shot just 2 of 10 from the field, but did have 16 rebounds. Mekhi Lowery also had one of his best games with 12 points and 11 rebounds with four assists in 32 minutes. In his first game, Nendah Tarke struggled offensively with 3 points on 1-of-7 shooting in 16 minutes.

But let's face it. It's tough to win with 22 turnovers. Bad decisions late in the game on offense and some shaky three-point defense. May missed two free throws late and the Tigers wound up shooting just 27 of 43 (62.8%) from the line. Bryant shot 10-of-23 from beyond the arc (43.5%) and that's the difference in the game when Towson makes just 8-of-26 (30.8%).

Skerry in the post game

"Our guys are playing hard, like the group, We opted to foul. Guys did what I asked them to do before they could get up a 3. Thought that was a tough call 75 feet away....Not guarding. Not taking care of the ball. Missing some foul shots.

"We're playing hard on glass. Hope we're capable of playing better. Disappointed today. Not with effort. We have to coach them better and figure out how to execute better. Capable of doing a better job. Missing a lot down low. It's been an issue. Have to get our guys better at finishing. Numbers aren't backing them up."

Don’t expect him to throw a player under the bus. But it had to be talked that they should foul on the catch especially if they are going away from the hoop, which he was. May was so far behind it was risky to foul.  Bad decision. Why wasn’t there a man on the ball?!  Clean look and we still had 5 guys in the back court when the pass was caught 

187-191

Tough loss.  Having off til Friday doesn’t help. 
Coulda Shoulda Woulda..  I’m sure the team and coaches are as upset and devastated by that loss as we all are.  
2 games left before Monmouth.  
The show must go on.  

3 minutes ago, Blounge said:

3B9C5853-8A71-46AC-BA4D-FC9728A01911.png

Gamblers. 

Blew and 8 point lead with 3:25 left. Words can’t describe another humiliating pat skerry defeat.  Back to the bottom of the caa we go

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Gamblers. 

Blew and 8 point lead with 3:25 left. Words can’t describe another humiliating pat skerry defeat.  Back to the bottom of the caa we go

It’s to the point where I ask myself “how are we going to choke,” not “ are we going to choke.”

Having said that, today was a new low in terms of embarrassment, dejection and depression 

Edited by TSU88

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It’s to the point where I ask myself “how are we going to choke,” not “ are we going to choke.”

Having said that, today was a new low in terms of embarrassment, dejection and depression 

It was something new. So at least there’s that.  

Why at the end of the game was Charles and Williamson getting the shots? And not the two better offensive players.  Why did we just totally go into stall? Why did a player who isn’t d1 play that many minutes? Where was Sauliman? Where was tarke?  Even for a few minutes.  Why did we call a timeout that plowed them to set up the last second play?

FTs were bad but they usually are. This loss falls on a person around the program for 13 years and 4.5 years. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It was something new. So at least there’s that.  

Why at the end of the game was Charles and Williamson getting the shots? And not the two better offensive players.  Why did we just totally go into stall? Why did a player who isn’t d1 play that many minutes? Where was Sauliman? Where was tarke?  Even for a few minutes.  Why did we call a timeout that plowed them to set up the last second play?

FTs were bad but they usually are. This loss falls on a person around the program for 13 years and 4.5 years. 

Many unanswered questions. What I wonder is whether, even if it’s on a subconscious level, it seeps into the collective psyche of the players that they can’t win close games? I’m not a psychologist, but I just wonder if that’s something that is passed down from one Skerry team to the next 

21 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Many unanswered questions. What I wonder is whether, even if it’s on a subconscious level, it seeps into the collective psyche of the players that they can’t win close games? I’m not a psychologist, but I just wonder if that’s something that is passed down from one Skerry team to the next 

Eh. I tend to think so because their leader constantly shits the bed in those types of games. Not having a lead guard or guy who can get their own shot hurts. Sorry to the one who thinks we have Dwayne Wade on our team.  

But I think it’s just as much, the other staff and team knows we will choke in due time. Just call us shooter mcgavin. 

Top player out, interim coach, some of the other players fouled out, no depth and we still couldn’t finish the job.  We talk about getting fans to games, additions to stadiums, NIL (lmfao), it’s all semantics if we aren’t going to win games

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Eh. I tend to think so because their leader constantly shits the bed in those types of games. Not having a lead guard or guy who can get their own shot hurts. Sorry to the one who thinks we have Dwayne Wade on our team.  

But I think it’s just as much, the other staff and team knows we will choke in due time. Just call us shooter mcgavin. 

Top player out, interim coach, some of the other players fouled out, no depth and we still couldn’t finish the job.  We talk about getting fans to games, additions to stadiums, NIL (lmfao), it’s all semantics if we aren’t going to win games

You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if opposing coaches, when they’re trailing us late, tell their players during timeouts that everything is going to be fine, those guys in the other huddle can’t finish close games 

• Sad 1