• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

When is enough, enough?

They Fucked my parlay 9 outta 10 legs hit and of course -800 favorite Towson can’t win against the worst team in D1. Pathetic 

Yeah, we thought the Monmouth loss was bad, but they are decent this season. I'm not excusing this loss, but I'm not entirely shocked because we're not that talented and not good enough to show up against any team. Yes, that's on Pat and the Watson injury was devastating but he's not Michael Jordan. Pat's not going anywhere, but he may need to clean house again with a few players and while the transfer portal is not kind to teams with little $$$, have to find a way to get players from somewhere whether it NAIA, D2, juco. low D1 on the cheap.

Things that should not happen late in the season and happened today

*May stepping out of bounds twice

*Charles continuing to throw the ball away late in games or losing the ball

*Tarke throwing up short floaters that hit nothing

*Williamson coming up empty offensively consistently

*Free throw bricks from Lowery and Thompson. I get it with Lowery, you have to play him for his D

*Coming out another game with no energy. It's not the lineup. Coach has to get these guys up for the game. Maybe start with a legit press or a zone press. Start in a zone or do something funky. Start or play Jaiden Cole for 2 minutes since his redshirt is nearly burned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Yeah, we thought the Monmouth loss was bad, but they are decent this season. I'm not excusing this loss, but I'm not entirely shocked because we're not that talented and not good enough to show up against any team. Yes, that's on Pat and the Watson injury was devastating but he's not Michael Jordan. Pat's not going anywhere, but he may need to clean house again with a few players and while the transfer portal is not kind to teams with little $$$, have to find a way to get players from somewhere whether it NAIA, D2, juco. low D1 on the cheap.

*Free throw bricks from Lowery and Thompson. I get it with Lowery, you have to play him for his D

*Coming out another game with no energy. It's not the lineup. Coach has to get these guys up for the game. Maybe start with a legit press or a zone press. Start in a zone or do something funky. Start or play Jaiden Cole for 2 minutes since his redshirt is nearly burned.

I hear what you’re saying, and of course I don’t advocate just throwing in the towel on the rest of the season, but at some point any changes/tweaks are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The talent just isn’t there 

23 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Monmouth is pretty good and has 3/4 guys who would start on our team.  Hampton was 3-23 going into today. THERE SHOULD BE NO FUCKING EXCUSES

Year 13 and still losing games like this.  

37 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

-Mid Atlantic Christian

-FGCU

-VA-Lynchburg

-Mary Baldwin

-Howard

-*TOWSON*

All of Hampton’s wins this season.

An absolutely UNACCEPTABLE loss. No way to spin it. No credit for clawing back into the game. Unacceptable.

But but. They are “talented” we weren’t healthy. Two road games in a row.  Whatever excuses the pat crew will ramble off 

the opponent played 5 states away on Thursday and then lost their best player half way through and still won.  STOP with the damn excuses 

19 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I hear what you’re saying, and of course I don’t advocate just throwing in the towel on the rest of the season, but at some point any changes/tweaks are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The talent just isn’t there 

I am not fully disagreeing here, but the thing that makes this game so frustrating is there is enough talent there because it is not a great conference this year. This is a mediocre conference, and we have beaten the top three teams (four of the top five) at some point (I know two have come at home and that is a big difference from doing it on a neutral court). An effort like this when we are in the mix for regular-season conference title (which I know some of you don't care about, but I do) is inexcusable. I don't like the style or the sub patterns. They are too inconsistent and they don't seem to fit the players. The players also completely no-showed in the first half. This season is not over despite what some say, but obviously it is ridiculous loss. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. I can't be positive after a crap loss like this, but we have been much better at home (although our starts there have been bad lately too) so I am just wondering what Jekyl and Hyde version shows on Thursday and Saturday this week. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

I am not fully disagreeing here, but the thing that makes this game so frustrating is there is enough talent there because it is not a great conference this year. This is a mediocre conference, and we have beaten the top three teams (four of the top five) at some point (I know two have come at home and that is a big difference from doing it on a neutral court). An effort like this when we are in the mix for regular-season conference title (which I know some of you don't care about, but I do) is inexcusable. I don't like the style or the sub patterns. They are too inconsistent and they don't seem to fit the players. The players also completely no-showed in the first half. This season is not over despite what some say, but obviously it is ridiculous loss. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. I can't be positive after a crap loss like this, but we have been much better at home (although our starts there have been bad lately too) so I am just wondering what Jekyl and Hyde version shows on Thursday and Saturday this week. 

Every now and then, one or more of our guys will pop & have a very good scoring game. Remember when DWill had a 26 point game a few weeks ago? But far too much inconsistency, especially from Tarke and May. I don’t have the stats in front of me, but I’m not sure either of these guys are shooting 40% for the season. Bottom line-too many role players/B or C listers, and no A listers 

32 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Towel is thrown in. There’s next to no chance to win the regular season. And to win the tournament is even less of a chance.  Pat has never won 2 games in a row in March.