• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Tejada leads MBB to a 67-64 win over UNCW

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Playing at home is much different than on the road. Gonna have to steal 1-2 road games to finish .500 in league play. A team full of role players, playing well at home isn’t surprising. 
Great drive and find by tarke after his defender fell down and even better shot by Tejada. 
White was an animal and our defense on him wasn’t awful but not great either. Phillips hurt helped us. So did the fact they’ve been on the road forever. 

Shorten the rotation a bit which helps. Can’t finish down low still and 4 spot is a major concern. 

nice bounce back from Charles. Just wish we didn’t give one away on Thursday.  

think we will be a solid home team And a very poor road team (0-7 and counting)

Gosh that win had to kill ya !   (“Act like you’ve been there before” ; nice quote on the live chat ; Captain Miserable)

congrats to rest ; WHAT A WIN !!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

Gosh that win had to kill ya !   (“Act like you’ve been there before” ; nice quote on the live chat ; Captain Miserable)

If you downplay and belittle a win, you either bet on Wilmington or you’re just a miserable person.  Like, how can one put asterisks on a buzzer-beating win?  It’s a tired act and one that shouldn’t be quoted so others don’t have to see it unless they choose to. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I know we rightfully get worked up by how things are drawn up on offense but the setup for the final play was really well done.  First rule of final possessions is go to the basket if you’re tied.  DW is our best at that and great court vision to find Tejada.  Can’t get a much better look than that and he drills it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TTiger2024 said:

It didn’t. Bleed black and gold more than anyone. Take those losses harder than most because of my personal connection to the program. I don’t accept mediocrity when I know this program and school can and should be doing better.  I am miserable. Been to more games than probably anyone on here (minus Mat and spiro if he’s lurking here), since 2008. I’ve seen us first hand get out teeth kicked in by a dominant caa. I’ve seen us embarrass ourselves nationally. I’ve seen our coach use his trench coach to try and get a bus off a snow covered exit ramp, where we missed a game 50 miles away. I have personally witnesses every of those 41 straight losses. Coincidentally they had that game against uncw where we finally won, On TVs in’s the lounge and suite today.  Shout out Keith Rendleman.  I’ve seen every loss in every possible way. 

I have also saw them program grow under skerry. I’ve seen them get better on and off the court, where they all graduate. Those couple of 20 win seasons should be commended. But the ceiling has been hit. There’s nothing wrong with waning more and better. Trust me. 

Beating a top “team in da conference” to get to “da magic” 7-7 mark, is great. There was some grit and resolve that hasn’t been seen in close to a month.  This team will be solid at home and atrocious away. Don’t expect them score 100 but they need to play better than the Thursday.  
Winning a share of league is cause for celebration, like what happened today. But a game in early March to get to the 500 mark? The reeks of small time. Which unfortunately this program and fan base is.  I’ve come to grips with that.

Appreciate you and everyone else who posts on here. Love the rare times I’m proven wrong but would love even more for the ones who only come out after a “dub”,post after losses. I assume I’ll only hear from you and my friend mentioned below after the couple more wins we have this season. I’m here win or loss and ain’t hard to find. Truly wish I hear from y’all another 21 more Times this season!

Our resident v zebra, who thinks he’s a basketball guru, 😂 has ruled. WE ARE BACK. everything is great!  He’s always  the smartest person in the room, because he’s the only person in the room.

Maybe we only use Tyler Tejada in close games since we've been looking for a closer since Brian Fobbs and Zane Martin's sophomore season. Joking of course, but I still think you might go back to starting him eventually. Or bring him off the bench at the 4 instead of Jones and spread the floor. The only reason I pointed out next season because I'm excited about the potential of these young guys (all 4) and incocoming freshmen and I know they could be poached for NIL. But can't worry about that. That's the game we're in and you need guys in the pipeline like a Jaiden Cole, who may play 2mpg this season and then you might have to play him 20mpg next season. He's such a smoot shooter, but not enough D and too many turnovers apparently.

But when you rely on youngsters, you are going to have inconsistencies. That's why I listed Tarke, CT, and May as the key players along with r-freshman DWill. Those guys need to learn how to play at home and on the road. Lowery did little in the Monmouth game (nobody really did much), but today he contributed despite going 0-for-3. Defense, blocks, rebounding, passing (2 ast) and taking care of the ball (1 TO). 

• Like 1

Speaking of poaching…  Florida backcourt combined for 46 points today. 
Pullin from UC Riverside and Clayton Jr from Iona.  
It is what it is and as Jay Bilas said in the broadcast today a player like Antonio Reeves at Kentucky we would have really not known about if he had stayed at Illinois State.  I see the pros and cons but I wish they brought the sit out a season for transferring back.  

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

So, since UNCW beat Kentucky, does this mean we’re better than UK?🤔😆

Realistically, I think most would have been satisfied with a 1-1 split to start conference play. Of course, I don’t think many would have predicted the W would be over UNCW. Their guy White was a scoring machine today, but I found his continual exaggerated body flailing on offense, anytime one of our guys breathed on him, really annoying and worthy of a call against him for flopping. 

After the uber depressing Monmouth game, this was a pleasant surprise. (And no, it doesn’t mean he should get another extension. He should have never gotten the last one).

This was the kind of game we need from CT. Tarke too. Obvious kudos to Tejada, who, after a miserable game vs Monmouth, drained 3 3 balls today, including the game winner. I also liked how Williamson was able to break their D down on a couple of occasions, and drive for baskets. How refreshing was it to actually win a game at the buzzer, rather than throwing up a ridiculous shot, or not getting a shot off at all. 

Now, OTOH, why can’t May shoot foul shots anymore? He literally almost shot an air ball today. Also, Jones needs to be taken out of the rotation. I’m sorry but he’s inept at every facet of the game. He’s so bad, I’d rather see Coleman play over him. 

We disagree and agree from time to time and I know you’re joking with that first statement but there’s a lot of people on here who will take that as gospel 😆 

1-1 is what we expected but not the way we thought. White was good and is good. He was under control with his body so got calls. Our guys are clumsy and out of control and get hit but don’t the get the calls. If only we had the best poster who’s a little ref, call our games!  Lmfao. 

the extensions are handed out for no reason and some here just quietly take and accept it 

May on the line is a concern  like you said as is the 4 spot 

tarke can drive but lacks direction on what his plan is  Williamson can drive and dish and finish some. Wish he would take less 3s and penetrate and run a pick and roll more 

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It didn’t. Bleed black and gold more than anyone. Take those losses harder than most because of my personal connection to the program. I don’t accept mediocrity when I know this program and school can and should be doing better.  I am miserable. Been to more games than probably anyone on here (minus Mat and spiro if he’s lurking here), since 2008. I’ve seen us first hand get out teeth kicked in by a dominant caa. I’ve seen us embarrass ourselves nationally. I’ve seen our coach use his trench coach to try and get a bus off a snow covered exit ramp, where we missed a game 50 miles away. I have personally witnesses every of those 41 straight losses. Coincidentally they had that game against uncw where we finally won, On TVs in’s the lounge and suite today.  Shout out Keith Rendleman.  I’ve seen every loss in every possible way. 

I have also saw them program grow under skerry. I’ve seen them get better on and off the court, where they all graduate. Those couple of 20 win seasons should be commended. But the ceiling has been hit. There’s nothing wrong with waning more and better. Trust me. 

Beating a top “team in da conference” to get to “da magic” 7-7 mark, is great. There was some grit and resolve that hasn’t been seen in close to a month.  This team will be solid at home and atrocious away. Don’t expect them score 100 but they need to play better than the Thursday.  
Winning a share of league is cause for celebration, like what happened today. But a game in early March to get to the 500 mark? The reeks of small time. Which unfortunately this program and fan base is.  I’ve come to grips with that.

Appreciate you and everyone else who posts on here. Love the rare times I’m proven wrong but would love even more for the ones who only come out after a “dub”,post after losses. I assume I’ll only hear from you and my friend mentioned below after the couple more wins we have this season. I’m here win or loss and ain’t hard to find. Truly wish I hear from y’all another 21 more Times this season!

Our resident v zebra, who thinks he’s a basketball guru, 😂 has ruled. WE ARE BACK. everything is great!  He’s always  the smartest person in the room, because he’s the only person in the room.

Let’s just enjoy today’s win, and take it a day at a time. I’m sure there’s things we’d all like to see improve and change, and no one has a monopoly on the suffering that has been TU basketball for the last 30+ years. I guess what people perceive as the negativity in your posts is born of your frustration, but this is a forum for the sharing of thoughts and ideas, so you do you.  As for me, I just think it’s okay sometimes to acknowledge something good (like today) without minimizing it or tearing it down. 

Now we're fighting for the best Towson fan on this board. We know who isn't. It has nothing to do with mediocrity or lack of titles or how much money you've given a program or whether you worked for them. Chris D. has been on the board and the CAAZone board for a long ass time. Probably close to 20 years since I started doing this in 2001. Everyone has the right to critique the coach and the system, which Chris was doing the other night after the Monmouth debacle. Most here want to win every game but we know it's impossible. Well some do.

I'll say this as a personal note. I take every loss and every win personally. I've covered the program since 1989, but I've never felt worse than I have the last 10 or so years after losses. I wonder why. I'm emotionally done with this program in March because of this board and it's not just about wins or losses. Nobody is f-ing satisfied with 24 wins or 20 wins or 17 wins without a title nor should they be. But it's ok to applaud these kids after wins instead of reading the same nauseating things over and over and over. Honestly, I can't take it anymore and at some point, I seriously need a break from this board. Maybe it's after the next loss. 

I stuck by this program through the 16 straight losing seasons and for some reason, this is worse. Getting close to my breaking point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One positive as I look ahead at the schedule is we get Monmouth (paybacks) then Charleston, NC A & T (1-0 but 3-11 overall) and finish with UNCW.  
At least we get two of the upper echelon teams late to prepare for the conference tournament.  If we got stuck with a Campbell or say Hampton for the last couple of games it would probably show in our first round game.  

We should still get Hicks back eventually which would help… our backcourt duo combined for 55 minutes.. 28 points and only 2 turnovers!

Stony Brook come Thursday.  Used to be Seinfeld 📺 9pm and then Casa Mia’s for 50 cent pizza 🍕 slices and $1 plate wings.  
SB shot 8-19 from 3 today but unfortunately let CofC shoot 13-29 🫣

Enjoy the win for we are Towson and could come back and shoot 1-18 from 3 

Edited by Bay Area Tiger