• advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Charleston Preview

parlay

Charleston -7

towson under 65.5 points 

Charleston first half moneyline

does anyone here have anyone confidence that the towson tigers are winning a basketball game tonight?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

parlay

Charleston -7

towson under 65.5 points 

Charleston first half moneyline

does anyone here have anyone confidence that the towson tigers are winning a basketball game tonight?

What book did you get a 7 spread?  Or did you go with an alternate line?

Just now, Chris Datres said:

What book did you get a 7 spread?  Or did you go with an alternate line?

Alternative

draftkings was showing -11

Game Day!!  Looks like 61 degrees game time temperature… 

Last season NT went off for 34 points down at there place and we still lost by 8.  

They are such a balanced scoring team and we can’t sleep on the Croatian.  CT has to play his best game of the season both ways for us to win and along with us shooting 45% or better from beyond the arc and we only miss 4-6 foul shots this evening.  

Need a lot of breaks tonight and a facility delay would not be one of them. 

Goh Tigers! 

• Haha 1

Kelsey turned his back on the state of Massachusetts and Skerry has never forgotten it.  Maybe a Chaney-Calipari like tussle post game would ignite PS the rest of the way.  We honestly need our head coach a bit more angry and curmudgeony like our fan base currently 😉

As we all grow older and fill up with more discontent for our current sports culture.. not liking another team etc is welcomed.  

Oh where have our Bill Lanier’s of the sports world gone…. so sorely missed.  Maybe I’ll pick up a 6 pack of Miller Lite 🍻 for this evening’s contest.  

21 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Kelsey turned his back on the state of Massachusetts and Skerry has never forgotten it.  Maybe a Chaney-Calipari like tussle post game would ignite PS the rest of the way.  We honestly need our head coach a bit more angry and curmudgeony like our fan base currently 😉

As we all grow older and fill up with more discontent for our current sports culture.. not liking another team etc is welcomed.  

Oh where have our Bill Lanier’s of the sports world gone…. so sorely missed.  Maybe I’ll pick up a 6 pack of Miller Lite 🍻 for this evening’s contest.  

Towson is known for its toughness! You don’t wanna fight the bad boys from Baltimore!

• Haha 1

This is a real contrast in styles. College of Charleston is 33rd in the nation in tempo averaging 71.9 possessions per game, while we are playing at the slowest tempo with 60.7 possessions per game. I don't think anyone has had over 70 possessions against us this year in regulation (Bryant had 92 in double OT, but less than 70 in regulation). Charleston is 8-0 at home this year and has scored 80 or more in every game except the season opener.

They are 272nd in the nation in field goal percentage and 265th in three-point field goals, but they have the third-highest total of three-points attempted in the nation. To go along with the pace theme, they have 1,102 field goal attempts in 17 games (64.8) to our 956 in 17 games (56.2). Conversely their opponents have taken 1,066 shot while ours have taken 914. Interesting that when you look at strength of schedule in KenPom we are 180 and they are 183.

They seem to try to play a decent amount of solid mid-major teams like we do, but traveling to Charleston probably has a little more general appeal than Towson. I really hope after these first two road games that we can come out a little stronger. If we play a first half like we have against Monmouth and Northeastern we will get buried in this game. I think it will be decently close, and as crazy as it may sound I would take Towson +11 (not with a ton of confidence). I think the pace will fall somewhere in between their pace and ours.  

• Like 1