• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB pounds Campbell 77-43

52 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

The 16-game home winning streak will be put to the test on Thursday night vs. 7-0 Drexel. It's an odd streak but of course, the last loss came against Charleston in that overtime game last season in December. Watching the Charleston/UNCW game tonight, we'll never have that type of homecourt advantage so that makes it more impressive.

Uncw stormed the court… I’m probably in the minority here since we have some on here that want to book hotels in march for beating Arcadia, but a court storming for that?!  In mid January?! Come on 

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

So to the Good, Bad and Ugly. No ugly in this one. Wasn't there so crowd didn't appear too bad and I wasn't at the press conference. Will wait for the presser to go on YouTube. I'm sure PS took a shot at me for not being there.

Good

*Passing was exceptional today. Had 19 assists and 10 turnovers. The backups and walk ons came in at around the 3:50 mark and they did a good job of moving the ball. The three-point shooting at 11 for 26 (42.3%). We're moving up the ladder in three-point shooting (probably around 34%) and part of that is the passing, which starts with Tarke playing the point. Williamson moved to the bench today, but still played 20 minutes. Had 7 assists.

*Defense was exceptional. Gave up a few backdoors early, but overall, the number don't lie. Camels shot just 3 of 18 from beyond the arc (18.8%). Lowery with four blocks. Doesn't have to score much to be effective.

*Back to Towson hitting the boards today at +15. CT with 9 rebounds. 

Bad

*Not much to bitch about. 10 of 15 from the line for 66.7%, which is above our average. Like to see Sulaiman finish better (2-of-9). Missed about three bunnies in a row. Needs to use the glass. He's been adequate as a finisher before today. Patient.

I’d say bad was we got very three happy to start the second half and were something like 2-11 to begin.  Can’t do that against the better teams. Seems like we just stopped running sets. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Uncw stormed the court… I’m probably in the minority here since we have some on here that want to book hotels in march for beating Arcadia, but a court storming for that?!  In mid January?! Come on 

I’d say bad was we got very three happy to start the second half and were something like 2-11 to begin.  Can’t do that against the better teams. Seems like we just stopped running sets. 

I’m doing a 180 on you 2012!  True skillz to find the turd in an otherwise meadow of roses.  Amazing week for da program (C of C road win, thrashing of da camels ) & your dirty diaper stink is still strong.  Credit where credit is due.  
If we slay the dragonsThur, and you still have a dump in yur pants ( fire the coach, May not that guy, Charlie needs to be , blah blah blah) I’m sending you an edible arrangement:  DM me address 

GoTigers!

• Like 2

As others have said, good to avoid the letdown after the big win in Charleston. That felt like the type of win we were getting over teams in our conference in 2021-22 when things were humming along. Our biggest margin of victory against a D-1 team was 10 before today against UMass and Nicholls. To that point, it matched the biggest blowout by any team in the CAA this year (Drexel beating Hampton 99-65 on January 1 was the other). 

For Campbell, this was their lowest scoring game of the year. Previous to today, 16 points was the most anyone had beaten them by this year. The 43 points was their lowest total since they scored 42 against Longwood on December 31, 2022. It was their most lopsided defeat since November 11, 2016 when Oklahoma State beat them 102-65. 

Several on here predicted this would be a big offensive rebounding and those individuals were correct. The 18 offensive rebounds were our most since the Nicholls game when we grabbed 21. It was the seventh time this year this team has had 18 or more offensive rebounds in a game (our 22 against Wake is our highest total). We limited Campbell to .683 points per possession in 63 possessions. 

We had 1.242 points per possession in 62 possessions (which actually wasn't as efficient as our 1.281 against College of Charleston). I believe was are 9-0 when averaging 1.1 points per possession or better. It was good to see Tejada put up 18 points, grab six boards and had a +20 in 25 minutes. Tarke played a team-high in minutes for a second game in a row with 27 minutes, and also had a game-high +22 with 12 points and four rebounds. It doesn't feel like have many games where guys have big assist numbers, so good to see Williams dish out 7 dimes, 7 points and a team-high 2 steals. 

You expect this more at home, but there were some great performances off the bench for a second game in a row. Lowry was +21 with 7 rebounds (4 offensive), 4 blocks and 3 assists in 18 minutes. Him and Sulaiman continue to be active, as Sulaiman grabbed 5 offensive rebounds (7 overall) in 17 minutes. Thompson leads the team in offensive rebounds, but Messiah Jones and Sulaiman are the best per minute. Jones has 41 on the year (1 every 8.3 minutes he is on the floor) and Sulaiman has 36 (1 every 9.4 minutes). Speaking of Jones, he had 7 points on 3-3 FGs. 

The only real negative was finishing down low. We had 18 offensive rebounds and only 15 points off that. The extended stats also said we were 9-22 on layups today. 

Huge game on Thursday. If we can somehow win these next two games we can really start increasing our expectations for this team in conference play. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

As others have said, good to avoid the letdown after the big win in Charleston. That felt like the type of win we were getting over teams in our conference in 2021-22 when things were humming along. Our biggest margin of victory against a D-1 team was 10 before today against UMass and Nicholls. To that point, it matched the biggest blowout by any team in the CAA this year (Drexel beating Hampton 99-65 on January 1 was the other). 

For Campbell, this was their lowest scoring game of the year. Previous to today, 16 points was the most anyone had beaten them by this year. The 43 points was their lowest total since they scored 42 against Longwood on December 31, 2022. It was their most lopsided defeat since November 11, 2016 when Oklahoma State beat them 102-65. 

Several on here predicted this would be a big offensive rebounding and those individuals were correct. The 18 offensive rebounds were our most since the Nicholls game when we grabbed 21. It was the seventh time this year this team has had 18 or more offensive rebounds in a game (our 22 against Wake is our highest total). We limited Campbell to .683 points per possession in 63 possessions. 

We had 1.242 points per possession in 62 possessions (which actually wasn't as efficient as our 1.281 against College of Charleston). I believe was are 9-0 when averaging 1.1 points per possession or better. It was good to see Tejada put up 18 points, grab six boards and had a +20 in 25 minutes. Tarke played a team-high in minutes for a second game in a row with 27 minutes, and also had a game-high +22 with 12 points and four rebounds. It doesn't feel like have many games where guys have big assist numbers, so good to see Williams dish out 7 dimes, 7 points and a team-high 2 steals. 

You expect this more at home, but there were some great performances off the bench for a second game in a row. Lowry was +21 with 7 rebounds (4 offensive), 4 blocks and 3 assists in 18 minutes. Him and Sulaiman continue to be active, as Sulaiman grabbed 5 offensive rebounds (7 overall) in 17 minutes. Thompson leads the team in offensive rebounds, but Messiah Jones and Sulaiman are the best per minute. Jones has 41 on the year (1 every 8.3 minutes he is on the floor) and Sulaiman has 36 (1 every 9.4 minutes). Speaking of Jones, he had 7 points on 3-3 FGs. 

The only real negative was finishing down low. We had 18 offensive rebounds and only 15 points off that. The extended stats also said we were 9-22 on layups today. 

Huge game on Thursday. If we can somehow win these next two games we can really start increasing our expectations for this team in conference play. 

Finishing down low is always a problem. Rushed shots. Suliman airballed 2/3 offensive rebound misses of his own in a row yesterday. 
Im gonna need you post for me. You have a hell of a way of bringing up negatives in s much more discrete way 😅

the next 5 games are big and can go either way. But Thursday we will have lots of other fans rooting for us.  A loss and Drexel can likely coast to the regular season title 

8 hours ago, TTiger2024 said:

I’m doing a 180 on you 2012!  True skillz to find the turd in an otherwise meadow of roses.  Amazing week for da program (C of C road win, thrashing of da camels ) & your dirty diaper stink is still strong.  Credit where credit is due.  
If we slay the dragonsThur, and you still have a dump in yur pants ( fire the coach, May not that guy, Charlie needs to be , blah blah blah) I’m sending you an edible arrangement:  DM me address 

GoTigers!

Jesus. Need a translator to decipher half of what you are trying to say. 
I really enjoy when you post. Because that means we won. You don’t show your face for a loss. 

The turd?  Shooting 50% of shots from deep isn’t a great strategy for Towson. And it’s one thing I’m sure Pat and I actually agree on. They have shot better recently but there are going to be cold stretches and tarke/Williamson are too good of drivers to settle for deep threes.  

May is not the guy but getting better. Late in the game we should be going to tarke and Tejada for a shot.  As far as Charles goes, I have always loved him as a blue collar player. But not as a point guard. And guess what?! (I assume you don’t watch every game). The last two games he hasn’t brought the ball up a ton and only handled the ball in a possession where he should and he was really good. Don’t need 15 a game from him. But he did need to start playing like a 5th year senior.

Looking at the upcoming schedule and I Feel like I won’t be hearing you much. Hope to be wrong and that I need to pull out Google to translate

• Haha 1

UNCW had this place jumping like it was UNC @ Duke!  Wish we had half this amount of energy and support at towson 

57 minutes ago, Blounge said:

UNCW had this place jumping like it was UNC @ Duke!  Wish we had half this amount of energy and support at towson 

Moonshine tailgate I’m told 😉 and Panthers fans drove the 3 hours East for it.