• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB holds on to beat Drexel 70-67

7 minutes ago, Blounge said:

If only the Baltimore Banner would show up!

Not sure if you have heard, but a controversial figure just purchased the Baltimore sun and it’s affiliates, the towson times, the Annapolis gazette…etc

The LA Times just cut their Dodgers beat writer and the team will not have one print newspaper writer for the first time ever.  LA Times has lost $30 million.  Not sure I would have ever believed this if you told me back in 1993 as a Mass Communications Major. 

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

6 minutes ago, Blounge said:

If only the Baltimore Banner would show up!

Not sure if you have heard, but a controversial figure just purchased the Baltimore sun and it’s affiliates, the towson times, the Annapolis gazette…etc

Wait, what? I didn’t know 2012 had that kind of coin 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Hahahaha the guy who owns Sinclair Broadcast Group and Atlas Restaurant Group now owns the newspaper so he can put out nothing but positive press about his businesses. Copying the Jeff bezos/Washington post move

9 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

The LA Times just cut their Dodgers beat writer and the team will not have one print newspaper writer for the first time ever.  LA Times has lost $30 million.  Not sure I would have ever believed this if you told me back in 1993 as a Mass Communications Major. 

My journalist friend was affected by the layoffs. Tough time for journalism  

• Sad 1

2012…. a ways to go but even you have to admit my personal pipe dream is not looking so crazy now..  I know I know “PS has to do it come March!” but Vegas odds have now gone to 8-3 that you and I are cheering from one of these cities.  
What a fun day to be a Tiger 🐯🏀

IMG_2785.png

57 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Well it’s not like the dodgers have anything big going on this year!….

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

We can all wish (well some)

28 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

2012…. a ways to go but even you have to admit my personal pipe dream is not looking so crazy now..  I know I know “PS has to do it come March!” but Vegas odds have now gone to 8-3 that you and I are cheering from one of these cities.  
What a fun day to be a Tiger 🐯🏀

IMG_2785.png

Hmm. Yeah right.  One (you) can dream.  The cycle has commenced!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Tough times for the print world, but LA Times really doesn't need a beat writer for the Dodgers.  They only need to write 3 stories on the Dodgers for this upcoming season because for the most part their season ends the same.

Story #1 the week of Opening Day "Dodgers start 2024 season as NL West and pennant favorites!"

Story #2 mid to end of July "Dodgers add (insert hot free agent to be pitcher)"

Story #3 sometime mid-September Dodgers clinch 2024 NL West Division title."

Story #4 in October "Dodgers fall in 6 games to (Braves, Phillies, D-Back, you name it)"

I know I said 3 stories but I added the trade story as I was typing!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Tough times for the print world, but LA Times really doesn't need a beat writer for the Dodgers.  They only need to write 3 stories on the Dodgers for this upcoming season because for the most part their season ends the same.

Story #1 the week of Opening Day "Dodgers start 2024 season as NL West and pennant favorites!"

Story #2 mid to end of July "Dodgers add (insert hot free agent to be pitcher)"

Story #3 sometime mid-September Dodgers clinch 2024 NL West Division title."

Story #4 in October "Dodgers fall in 6 games to (Braves, Phillies, D-Back, you name it)"

I know I said 3 stories but I added the trade story as I was typing!

Loyal fans will have to learn to read Japanese 

• Haha 1