• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

CAA Men's Basketball Thread

6 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

exactly what I was thinking. the MAC will be looking at least for another school to make it 14. the A10 will look for more (mostly) private schools that focus on basketball  - they want to be the big east 2.0. Hofstra, Drexel, Northeastern would all love to go to the A10. (also 2/3 are only in the CAA because of football then dropped the sport)  

we continue to get left out because we have no plan.

the CAA is dead - i'd love for us to break away with the other northeast state schools that play FCS and maybe look to move up as a conference to FBS.

Towson
URI - they don't fit with the private school/basketball only A10
Stony Brook
W&M
Albany - upgrade from American East
Maine - upgrade from American East
UNH - upgrade from American East

One to Three of the following
Force Vermont or UNCW to start football to stay relevant 
VMI and maybe the The Citadel  (military rivalry)
Chattanooga
Youngstown State (doubt they leave the MVFC and trash school)

We have no plan and continue to get left in the dust. There’s no good conference for us to join or teams to join ours because we don’t know what we want to be. 
URI and Richmond aren’t going anywhere. Hofstra will not be invited, they have nyc market and will be blocked by Fordham. Drexel, see Hofstra. NE probably won’t go, hockey and baseball drive that school. 

Uncw and Vermont won’t add football. they can join better conferences based off basketball.  We bring next to nothing, so we are stuck 

C-USA would be cost prohibitive for us, given the geographic alignment of the conference. It’s highly unlikely the A-10 would be interested in us. C of C would seem to be a logical fit there. I have it on good authority that the Sunbelt is not interested in taking on anymore FCS schools. I don’t see a CAA exit strategy for us, though the way schools now hopscotch from 1 conference to another, that could change tomorrow 

• Like 1

What a great game. Campbell shocks UNCW in double overtime 105-100. Blew a 15-point second half lead. All 100 students charge the floor. Trazerian White was amazing with 35 but not a lot of D 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2024 at 11:20 PM, mat1992 said:

What a great game. Campbell shocks UNCW in double overtime 105-100. Blew a 15-point second half lead. All 100 students charge the floor. Trazerian White was amazing with 35 but not a lot of D 

UNCW’s loss means we get a top 4 seed if we go 2-0 this weekend, regardless of what Hofstra and Drexel do. A tall order, I know, but within the realm of possibility. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

UNCW’s loss means we get a top 4 seed if we go 2-0 this weekend, regardless of what Hofstra and Drexel do. A tall order, I know, but within the realm of possibility. 

You could say we control our own destiny, but if it’s destiny, how can it be controlled?🤔

While everyone ponders the above question, I’ll state the obvious, which is we can’t win 2 in a row without winning tomorrow vs NCAT, which has one of the worst records in the league. What could possibly go wrong?🤔 Actually, I’m cautiously optimistic we’ll win. I just hope we don’t come out ice cold on offense, or that we don’t jump out early, only to fritter away the lead at the end. Come to think of it, what other options are there for us on the road?🤔

Anyway, no matter how, let’s get the W tomorrow and go from there 

• Sad 1

So it's Charleston winning the regular season at 14-3 with Hofstra coming up at home.

Hofstra is 12-5 and tied with Drexel for 2nd place. Does Charleston have anything to play for? Not really. But they don't want to lose Senior Day at home.

Delaware is 10-7 but personally, does it matter if you are 5th or 6th place? Not really. 

• Like 1

Matt, while I realize I do have an air of negativity regarding the coach and the program, I would like to thank you for your time, effort and tolerance. It makes a difference.

• Like 6

Absolutely could lose the first game ……

and

…… it’s also da same team that won AT C of C.

sooooo; yeah, I think the Tigers can win this thing (prob 6 teams that can).   

I’m buying beers in DC  if (when) we get to the finals (TY Bitcoin  🚀) …. Will send my coordinates WHEN we get there.   Sorry to be so positive , but that’s loving sports/ being a fan.  Most of y’all dismiss the 18-20 reg season wins anyways 😂 ….. so, LFG.   NOW you can check in.  Playoffs !   Next game(s) (per the negative Nancy’s) is ALL THAT MATTERS.  

#TIGERSROARINDC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1