• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Northeastern II Preview

Always a tough out for us no matter their record.  
they are probably the only team in the league with a winning record at secu or whatever it’s called now (6-5).  10-17 against the cold dogs since pat took over

10 minutes ago, Blounge said:

DraftKings has Towson -7

over/under 128.5

the home winning streak continues!

Let’s not count our W just yet, but I like the fact that we’re playing them at home, having had a nice rest since Saturday, and if I were Skerry I’d be playing the revenge game angle, to get our guys extra motivated 

Doing a quick scan the 1.243 points per possession that Northeastern put up against Towson was the best by any Tiger opponent this year. It looks like we have only given up 1.2 points per possession three times all year (Charleston and Wake).

It is weird, usually we try to drag teams into a our slow pace, but when we played Northeastern they dragged us into a slow gave even by our standards. We are averaging 61.7 possessions, and both teams only had 54 possession in the first meeting. I think that was our lowest total. It really was the tale of two halfs. In the first half, we had 4 FG, 9 TO, 17 points and averaged 0.680 points per possession. Hopefully, we can avoid a half like that the rest of the season.

In the second half, we had 42 points, went 13-23 FGs, 5-10 3pt FG and averaged 1.556 points per possession in 27 possession (same as the first half). That still might be our most efficient half of the season, but they were also really efficient we dug too big a hole in the first half. It reminded me of some of the tournament games we have lost where we start slow, begin to heat up, can't quite stop the other team enough, and run out of possession eventually. 

Chris Doherty was good as usual in that game, but I thought the player who controlled everything was Luka Sakota. He had 18 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists. What is every more odd is that Sakota is 3-22 with 7 points in three game since, and it looks like he missed the last game. Nendah Tarke had all 17 of his points in the second half in this matchup. 

I am hopping the offense can pick up where it left off in the second half against Northeastern last time.