• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls at 0-13 Hampton 67-61

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Where are the post game comments?

He didn't come back to Spiro to give any 

27 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Football event up in Vancouver WA.  Just finally seeing the score and comments. 
Did Iverson, Vick or Ronald Curry play for Hampton today???  What a trap game disaster 🫣

I didn’t see this loss coming…. 

Ha ha. Put your dancing shoes  away.  Our .000517% chances just went down to .000000000000000000000000000000012%

20 minutes ago, sr16 said:

He didn't come back to Spiro to give any 

Seriously?  What a joke.  If that’s true, that’s unacceptable. Be a man and show up!

• Like 1

Ok “2” accounts blocked!!??  Why not just ignore comments.  I have a real issue with this.  Does this board block anyone..  NO.  

Blocking comments makes us look so bush league.  

IMG_4588.png

33 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Football event up in Vancouver WA.  Just finally seeing the score and comments. 
Did Iverson, Vick or Ronald Curry play for Hampton today???  What a trap game disaster 🫣

I didn’t see this loss coming…. 

While you may not have seen this loss coming, you also shouldn’t be the least bit surprised by it or any of the future embarrassing losses we’re bound to suffer with Skerry at the helm. 

This loss is far more indicative of who & what we are as a program than any of our wins this season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Ok “2” accounts blocked!!??  Why not just ignore comments.  I have a real issue with this.  Does this board block anyone..  NO.  

Blocking comments makes us look so bush league.  

IMG_4588.png

Lol. Plenty of your classmates have blocked me here. Take that as a badge of honor. And, no I’m not either of those.  

there are plenty of gambling Assholes who comment crap. Block them, fine.  Those other posts from actual fans were questioning coaching and execution.  That’s an awful look but it’s Towson and Pat no show Skerry. Do we expect anything less???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

While you may not have seen this loss coming, you also shouldn’t be the least bit surprised by it or any of the future embarrassing losses we’re bound to suffer with Skerry at the helm. 

This loss is far more indicative of who & what we are as a program than any of our wins this season. 

3-23. This is skerrys worst (and there are a lot) loss. The joke of the league, your Towson tigers!

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol. Plenty of your classmates have blocked me here. Take that as a badge of honor. And, no I’m not either of those.  

there are plenty of gambling Assholes who comment crap. Block them, fine.  Those other posts from actual fans were questioning coaching and execution.  That’s an awful look but it’s Towson and Pat no show Skerry. Do we expect anything less???

This board has never blocked you from speaking your mind that I know of.  Bad loss today.  Frontier Airlines has now blocked me 🫣

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

This board has never blocked you from speaking your mind that I know of.  Bad loss today.  Frontier Airlines has now blocked me 🫣

As of now, no.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Where are the post game comments?

Huh? He didn't do the post game because the broadcast was up in the stands, not on the floor. 

Horrible, horrible loss. Not much else to say (but of course I will say a decent amount anyways). They know it, we know it and everyone in the conference who is battling for a seed in the tournament certainly knows it. One stat that jumped out at me. Layups, Towson 10-32 and Hampton 13-18. It defeats the purpose to get 19 offensive rebounds if you struggle to put them back in to the basket. I know hitting shots right by the basket can be harder than it looks, but we take it to whole different level. 

I just wish we could get a consistent 7-8 games from any of our top three offensive players. May, Williamson and Tarke all run so hot and cold, and they were all kind of frigid today. The three of them had 20 points total and were a collective 8-34 from the field (five of those were May, Tarke and Williamson were 3-21). Bottom line is a against good teams we need at least two of those guys (or Tejada) to show up with Thompson. Against bad teams only one. We got a burst from May at the end of the first half and early in the second half and that was about it. 

I feel like I end up sounding like a huge Charles Thompson apologist, because I feel like the defensive effort, rebounds and the two or three putbacks he gives every night is good enough if he just has two good offensive teammates show up. However, his touch around the basket has been horrendous (he could have scored 25 tonight if he could make some of his shots around the basket). He should never take more than 10 shots in a game, but I don't blame him when no one else is hitting shots. The more we have to rely on his post moves the more the offense gets bogged down because it takes him such a long tie to get into his shot. I will still stand by the fact that we shouldn't need him to score any more than 8-10 points if the other guys are hitting shots. I am not saying he played well, but he played well enough that if everyone else did something we should win this game. 

Of course, we also blew another golden opportunity in seeding with UNC-W falling against Elon. I don't even think Charleston is that good this year, but everyone is trying their hardest to hand them another conference title. I am in town for next week's game against Charleston, and I hope we can look better than we have lately in that game.