• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024 General Football Thread

FBS in the near future. Right now, I don’t know of any other FCS league is doable. 

The CAA is slowly falling into a Black Hole.....ODU, JMU, Del, Richmond - replaced with NC A&T, Hampton, Monmouth and Campbell - YUCK!!!!!

Nova will be next to leave. Then the CAA will be a Dumpster Fire. Gotta believe that our AD has a plan to get us the Heck out and up!

Edited by etiger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

If only others saw the writing on the walls yeses ago.  CAA has been no bueno for 5 or so years and now lose 3 of the 5 best programs (nova may leave to)

2 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

What would be our realistic options? We’re not going up to FBS and no current FCS has any real “juice” outside of MVC which we’re not a geographic fit for. Unless we drop to Patriot League ourselves for the academic-prestige-by-association factor, I don’t think there are many good options on the table. 

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

Stay put and be the best of the bad teams!

We are already mid to bad of the bunch!!

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

There’s only one man who can save the CAA!

IMG_3108.jpeg

I’ll take my chances with this guy, over our current fearless leader. Oh yeah!!!

IMG_4316.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, etiger said:

The CAA is slowly falling into a Black Hole.....ODU, JMU, Del, Richmond - replaced with NC A&T, Hampton, Monmouth and Campbell - YUCK!!!!!

Nova will be next to leave. Then the CAA will be a Dumpster Fire. Gotta believe that our AD has a plan to get us the Heck out and up!

CAA football has pretty much lost all its cachet, with Delaware, JMU, Richmond all gone, and Nova perhaps soon to follow. Who are the flagship programs now? UNH & W&M? And who are they going to bring in to replace the Spiders and maybe soon Nova?

Let’s face it, CAA basketball is a C of C departure away from being relegated to near obscurity. Still puzzled why they haven’t bolted yet, other than relishing being a big fish in a small pond.

From the outside looking in, I don’t sense we’re being proactive, but instead are just sitting on the park bench watching the world pass us by.  Maybe there’s a master plan, but I’m highly skeptical. 

31 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

CAA football has pretty much lost all its cachet, with Delaware, JMU, Richmond all gone, and Nova perhaps soon to follow. Who are the flagship programs now? UNH & W&M? And who are they going to bring in to replace the Spiders and maybe soon Nova?

Let’s face it, CAA basketball is a C of C departure away from being relegated to near obscurity. Still puzzled why they haven’t bolted yet, other than relishing being a big fish in a small pond.

From the outside looking in, I don’t sense we’re being proactive, but instead are just sitting on the park bench watching the world pass us by.  Maybe there’s a master plan, but I’m highly skeptical. 

LOL!  Plan?! What plan?!  Will the last team in the CAA (Likely us), turn the lights off?

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I’ll take my chances with this guy, over our current fearless leader. Oh yeah!!!

IMG_4316.jpeg

Make no mistake, the Richmond move is an indictment of the inept CAA leadership. As evidenced by what happened at the FBS level where the SEC and B1G leapfrogged all the other conferences by being assertive, aggressive and forward-thinking, you can see the same thing happening at the FCS level among programs with historically strong leadership, success and AMBITION. Delaware, Richmond, Stephen F. Austin, JMU, Missouri State….even upstart Kennesaw State. Making bold decisions that are in their best interests.

Meanwhile, the CAA is managed by reactive, small-minded, milquetoast-weenies, who broker god-awful media deals and “poach” random, marginal, snooze-worthy programs to simply fill the void when marquee schools walk out the front door. 

• Like 3

Richmond leaves for at least for now a lesser conference.  The sinking continues and Joey D is watching a repeat of a Hampton v. Campbell basketball game on his beloved FloSports.  Eventually he will look up from his desktop screen look around and ask "Where did everybody go?" 

I realize it’s highly unlikely to happen but if Towson was going to hit the eject-button on CAA football (or maybe all sports) perhaps a good potential landing spot would be the SoCon. 

- SoCon currently has 9 member schools, by adding Towson they get to a nice even 10.

- SoCon has some solid programs with histories of football success. 

- I think there’s something to be said for the benefit of its geographic footprint with regard to football. There’s definitely a deeper appreciation and distinct culture for college football in the south, even for smaller FCS programs. I think there could be a beneficial “halo effect” for Towson being associated with that culture.

-Maybe most importantly, it would expand Towson’s brand visibility within some extremely fertile recruiting areas throughout the south. 

It would be much nicer to be playing late November games in Macon, Georgia than Orono, Maine.