• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

North Carolina A&T Preview

12 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Just watched..  I appreciate his efforts but no one cares we’ve won 18 games or more 9 of the past 11 seasons if we win tomorrow night.  Sustainability of a program is great if you know bigger things are ahead but we don’t know that.  Have some nice parts but nothing indicates we will win the CAA anytime soon.  

Are you ok? Do we need to send someone to check in on you?

• Haha 1

Easy to win 18 games a year when Goucher comes across the street to get an annual ass beating! Then sweep Morgan, Coppin, and umbc to pad the stats even more!

Gotta win in the tournament, nothing else is good enough at this point 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! No ifs, ands or buts. 

4-11 record in conference tournament; never has won more than 1 game in 11 years of tournament play; never has even made it to the tournament championship game 

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! No ifs, ands or buts.

No credible, unbiased observer could conclude otherwise. Anyone who does, lacks credibility in my estimation. 

It’s stunning to me how anyone, with a straight face, could say an 18-12 regular season, over 13 years, with the postseason futility cited above, is acceptable. It’s NOT GOOD ENOUGH, end of story, full stop

He’s just happy to have a program lol. He forgot to mention that pat wins .54% of his games AND graduates players. Not many others can claim that!
16-12 right now. Can we get to 18 and 12?! That would be nice. But 4-11 and never winning multiple games in March is the deal breaker. 

14 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Are you ok? Do we need to send someone to check in on you?

I’m perfectly fine in California.  I’m the ultimate optimist and I do like PS but I watched the preview and our coach is reaching for loose branches right now. 
I don’t want to hear about past accomplishments.  Win now!  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Just watched..  I appreciate his efforts but no one cares we’ve won 18 games or more 9 of the past 11 seasons if we win tomorrow night.  Sustainability of a program is great if you know bigger things are ahead but we don’t know that.  Have some nice parts but nothing indicates we will win the CAA anytime soon.  

Now admittedly, I haven’t watched the Tiger Report, but if he’s touting this 18 wins stuff, I think it’s safe to assume it’s a thinly veiled attempt to lobby for yet another extension. I know there are people here who would say that between his postseason record, a new AD & a new President, that he won’t get one, but I’m not so sure 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

You are in the minority....VAST MINORITY

Other than the coach’s friends and family, it might be a minority of 1. I only hope the AD & the new prez aren’t in this select group 

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Other than the coach’s friends and family, it might be a minority of 1. I only hope the AD & the new prez aren’t in this select group 

The long and short of it is Skerry is not a good basketball coach. He ahs had 13 years to win something, even if it is by accident. His offense is dribble for 20 seconds, throw up a bomb and send everyone to get the rebound. His defense is mediocre, but it is a story of keep telling everyone it is good and sooner or later they will believe it.  His teams are good enough to beat bottom feeders and every now and then another mediocre team.  Fundamentals are lacking and basketball IQ has not improved once the talented kids arrive. These are all responsibilities of a coach. These kids have potential, but it needs to be developed. During 13 years, the TU coach is overpaid and under productive. It is sad to see. When the hallmark of the 13 years is good coaching PR....you are in trouble. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I’m perfectly fine in California.  I’m the ultimate optimist and I do like PS but I watched the preview and our coach is reaching for loose branches right now. 
I don’t want to hear about past accomplishments.  Win now!  

Just wanted to make sure 😂. Welcome to the dark side BAT!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

The long and short of it is Skerry is not a good basketball coach. He ahs had 13 years to win something, even if it is by accident. His offense is dribble for 20 seconds, throw up a bomb and send everyone to get the rebound. His defense is mediocre, but it is a story of keep telling everyone it is good and sooner or later they will believe it.  His teams are good enough to beat bottom feeders and every now and then another mediocre team.  Fundamentals are lacking and basketball IQ has not improved once the talented kids arrive. These are all responsibilities of a coach. These kids have potential, but it needs to be developed. During 13 years, the TU coach is overpaid and under productive. It is sad to see. When the hallmark of the 13 years is good coaching PR....you are in trouble. 

Bingo. We have been hanging out hats on the “playing hard” (most of the time) mantra for 13 years.  That’s fine for The first few but after a while there needs to be a better strategy and philosophy. 

I know I'm going to be ostracized for defending PS, but I don't give a f-ck. Yes, the 18-win season or whatever isn't a big deal anymore. Neither is 20 wins. Beating Drexel, UNCW at home and Charleston on the road doesn't count apparently. Those are good wins. Delaware on the road. Not bad. And yes, the Hampton loss was beyond terrible, I'm not into the regular season doesn't count bullshit. It does. Seedings and double-byes matter in this league. Tournament performances have been bad. No defense for that other than the first Benimon season because they were ineligible. Who knows what the team could have accomplished? After that, it's been one or two and done as has been mentioned 8 million times.

The offense has been atrocious this season and the player they missed the most was Holden, because he ran the offense and helped Timberlake get good looks. Is that on the coach and his staff that the offense has been so stagnant this season? I criticize the offense basically in every loss so of course I think it is. Next off-season, something needs to change and I say it every season. It starts with pace, but when you watch the great ball movement of Charleston, the ball never sticks. I don't care how good your defense is, when you move the ball that quickly and that well, you can beat a good or average defense. 

Every coach in the CAA gets criticized. It's part of the job. The UNCW fans after the Campbell game were not thrilled. Siddle should win Saturday against us, but he's 1-5 against Trowson.

My biggest problem is when I watch the CAA this season and last and see a player I'd love to have in a Towson uniform: Trazerian White, Shakeim Phillips, Tyler Thomas, Jameer Nelson Jr., Darlinstone Dubar, Aaron Estrada, Kobe Rodgers, Justin Moore, etc. It's a guard league and a wings league. Can Tejada, Lowery, Williamson or Cole become one of those guys? I'm not seeing it, but I can see one or two of those guys becoming very productive players in the future. We just need that freakin' star and we probably can't get that guy in the portal due to our NIL situation. So we have to develop it. Staff change? Recruiting more shooters? Recruiting less bullies and more athletic and lengthy players in the portal as well?

If you told me during the summer after the legal situation with Conway and the ACL injury to Watson, they'd we'd have a longshot of getting a top four seed in the final weekend, I'd probably be ecstatic, not thinking that we'd lose to Hampton on the road and beat Charleston on the road in the same season. Not trying to make this season half-full, but also trying to put things in perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1