• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB upsets UNCW 66-56 to Advance to CAA semifinals 66-56

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Haha. Are you holding all 5 of their starters hostage?

We are gonna beat these guys tomorrow and deep down you know it as well 😉

I can’t promise a 4th win but I can promise a win tomorrow night over Charleston 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

We are gonna beat these guys tomorrow and deep down you know it as well 😉

I can’t promise a 4th win but I can promise a win tomorrow night over Charleston 

We can talk when the line comes out haha

35 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

my dislike for uncw, their coaches, their players and especially their fan base has been second to none

They’ve deactivated their Twitter; and have blocked the ability to leave messages on their IG account. Also, their message board is missing in action 

Edited by TSU88
  • Haha 2

A good win for sure. All “must-win-game” wins are good. Credit to the players and the coaches for finding a way to get it done today.

However, I’m not quite ready to let Pat off the hook.  Anything short of the big dance will just be more of the same. I don’t care that it’s CofC tomorrow. Let’s not consider consecutive wins in the CAA Tourney meaningful progress. This isn’t year 2 or 3 of his tenure. 

• Like 2

So, what if I told you we’d have 10+ turnovers in the first half; CT would pick up two early fouls and their best player would have 18 points in the first half. Go figure. That Tejada 3 quarter length shot at the first half buzzer was just the tonic we needed. 

Major props to the law firm of Tejada, Williamson and Lowery. The future is now with our diaper dandies. Williamson has that skill we’ve sorely lacked for a long time, the ability to create his own shot. And if Lowery develops a serviceable jump shot in the offseason, look out.

I know many, including myself, have excoriated Tarke, but if we get the last 2 games Tarke next season, we’ve got something (Skerry just needs to somehow limit his 3-point shots). 

Well, I didn’t think we’d get this far, hopefully we can boldly go where no other Skerry team has gone before. We’re kind of playing with house money at this point. Do I think we’ll beat C of C? Well, I wouldn’t bet my mortgage, but I guess at this point ya gotta believe. 

Personally, I wish we would have gotten a dunk at the end of the game. You know what they say about karma. To quote that famous philosopher, Kool Mo Dee, UNCW, how ya like us now? 

Survive and advance just called and said see you tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AtlantaTiger said:

A good win for sure. All “must-win-game” wins are good. Credit to the players and the coaches for finding a way to get it done today.

However, I’m not quite ready to let Pat off the hook.  Anything short of the big dance will just be more of the same. I don’t care that it’s CofC tomorrow. Let’s not consider consecutive wins in the CAA Tourney meaningful progress. This isn’t year 2 or 3 of his tenure. 

I agree, but I don’t think we need to have this conversation tonight. There will be plenty or time for recriminations, depending on what happens tomorrow night, but for now, let’s invoke the 24 hour rule 

• Like 1

Still driving but I wanted them to use the Phillips’dunk as motivation and they did though the freshmen seemed to be more motivated than the upperclassmen especially Lowery.