• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General Basketball Thread for 2024-25

Watching Howard-Norfolk State for financial reasons and I catch the name Allen Betrand after a basket.  Yep, same one.  On his 4th school.  Maybe he'll get to the Tourney via this route.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris Datres said:

Watching Howard-Norfolk State for financial reasons and I catch the name Allen Betrand after a basket.  Yep, same one.  On his 4th school.  Maybe he'll get to the Tourney via this route.

Shockingly, braindead basketball sends Norfolk packing.  Betrand will have to petition for another year and maybe go to a 5th school to get a Tourney trip.

Towson womens team about to upset Charleston here. Up 8 with 3:30 left and wow look at that. Laura Harper is a very component coach. If she can take us to an NCAA appearance, I think like our previous coach getting taken by Temple, she moves on. 

7 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Towson womens team about to upset Charleston here. Up 8 with 3:30 left and wow look at that. Laura Harper is a very component coach. If she can take us to an NCAA appearance, I think like our previous coach getting taken by Temple, she moves on. 

She should. That’s the goal for mid majors and mid major coaches.   Monmouth losing helps us tomorrow 

42 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

She should. That’s the goal for mid majors and mid major coaches.   Monmouth losing helps us tomorrow 

which would be insane. During just the last 5(?) years of our womens programs, potential for 2 coaches (I think Harper has a good squad here I watched a bit of the game tonight) to use our program as the springboard we all so desperately want from the mens squad. 

Kent state with the ultimate Towson ending. Took a late lead on a tip in with 7 seconds left but player didn’t know score and intentionally fouled. Something we would do if ever in that spot.  

NC state, was going to fire their coach (Keatts from UNCW), wins the ACC tournament as a 10 seed and makes the dance thus giving him an automatic two year extension.  #towsonluck

48 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Dan Monson and Long Beach State.  He put Gonzaga on the map of course. 
They are in. 

Yeah that’s wild. Real programs (all others out there besides you know..) will now begin their firing before the conference tournaments 

• Like 1