• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General Basketball Thread for 2024-25

Pitt declined the NIT.  Wow.  
Indiana State had a net of 29 and no go. 
We are all old and have seen the slights through the years but what a suck fest on the Mountain West and to see 2 of their 6 teams in Dayton is truly laughable. 

12 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Pitt declined the NIT.  Wow.  
Indiana State had a net of 29 and no go. 
We are all old and have seen the slights through the years but what a suck fest on the Mountain West and to see 2 of their 6 teams in Dayton is truly laughable. 

All I’ve got to say is Roll Tide!!! 

25 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Well, Army is a service academy; Citadel is a quasi service academy and Rice probably is hamstrung by high academic standards. So you could say that from 1991 (when we last made the tournament) to now, a span of 33 years, we, along with UMES, UMKC and UNH, are the most inept programs in D1, of those who have been in D1 since 1991 or longer. (Inept in terms of getting to their conference championship game)

It also bears noting that at least 20 (give or take) of the programs you listed, who have never been to the tournament, were not even in D1 in 1991. 

Additionally, your list doesn’t account for the converse-schools that have been to the tournament more recently than us, who weren’t D1 members in 1991

No issues with that! Back to back to back 19+ win seasons! 🥳🥳. Can’t expect to win them all!

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

All I’ve got to say is Roll Tide!!! 

No way. A run for Charleston may lead to Kelsey moving on and or cougars moving to a10. That, and the money can help the conference.  Do you know Joey D can do with another unit?! The possibilities are endless with that great innovative mind. It’s been a decade since a caa win, which was a PIG. 

Also love that they sent 3 of the 4 Alabama schools to Spokane. And the other to SLC

3 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

My tournament allegiances are as follows

Dayton (wife)

Creighton (mom & dad)

St. Peter’s (dad undergrad)

And how did you end up at Towson?!

Unfortunately every one of my families alma maters have made the tournament in the last 20 years except …mine

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

And how did you end up at Towson?!

Unfortunately every one of my families alma maters have made the tournament in the last 20 years except …mine

Believe me, I ask myself that very question often. 

• Haha 2