• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General Basketball Thread for 2024-25

Mark my words now with NIL coffers. St John’s will load up this off season and be a top 10 team next year.  Really surprised Pitino not in the Big Dance considering TV money and ratings.  
We are all old and have seen year after year certain teams slighted but yesterday was true insanity.  Virginia in with a net of 58. 
PS- NCAA, NIT and..  any other tournament available for our Tigers to decline??  CBI CIT?  Yeah our young core of players doesn’t need the extra games cause of the Canada trip..  Think it but why say it Coach 🫣

IMG_7398.png

https://x.com/john_fanta/status/1769506722299732427?s=46&t=_ArGClX3XZ7EdROrGIJtmw

conference tournaments do serve a purpose, for bid stealers!

I’m in the same college basketball torture boat, my extended family is Dayton, Villanova, and Georgetown people.(at least Georgetown has been about on par with towson the last few years) oh an Penn state folk but that’s mainly football envy there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Mark my words now with NIL coffers. St John’s will load up this off season and be a top 10 team next year.  Really surprised Pitino not in the Big Dance considering TV money and ratings.  
We are all old and have seen year after year certain teams slighted but yesterday was true insanity.  Virginia in with a net of 58. 
PS- NCAA, NIT and..  any other tournament available for our Tigers to decline??  CBI CIT?  Yeah our young core of players doesn’t need the extra games cause of the Canada trip..  Think it but why say it Coach 🫣

IMG_7398.png

Besides UVA, who would you replace St Johns with.  They didn't have a great OOC schedule and beat up on the weak Big East teams. They weren't good enough

11 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Besides UVA, who would you replace St Johns with.  They didn't have a great OOC schedule and beat up on the weak Big East teams. They weren't good enough

Georgetown and DePaul really hurt the conference but St John’s still better than teams like Colorado in the much weaker PAC 12! 

35 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Georgetown and DePaul really hurt the conference but St John’s still better than teams like Colorado in the much weaker PAC 12! 

Colorado was better in net, rpi, sos, non cof sos. Made their conf championship and was 10-10 quad 1/2 (to 10-12) 

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Sun article on Timberlake from Jake. Even though he’s having a bad season, he’s going to the tournament for the first time in six years. Might be a short trip if McCullar and/or Dickinson don’t play 

https://x.com/baltcosun/status/1769710292655595822?s=46&t=nScacl1TWT-KyOwj5stBaw

Nice story. Cool for him to finally make it. For most college players, playing it March is the goal. (For some fans of program too!).   
Yes without McCullar and Dickinson at full health, it’ll be very difficult for them To win

love nick flat out saying he didnt have to play defense here. Maybe that coulda made the difference for us lol 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Colorado was better in net, rpi, sos, non cof sos. Made their conf championship and was 10-10 quad 1/2 (to 10-12) 

net doesn’t matter.  KenPom too. 
I watched a ton of Pac 12 games.  Weak conference.  
College selection is broken. 

25 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

net doesn’t matter.  KenPom too. 
I watched a ton of Pac 12 games.  Weak conference.  
College selection is broken. 

I am Big East through and through, but outside of UConn, Marquette and Creighton that conference wasn't any better than the Pac-12. The Pitino act of being God's gift to basketball and feeling like he is owed a bid is BS. I have no doubt he will load up next year, and be a top 15-20 team, but he doesn't deserve to be there this year and the sour grapes routine of not accepting an NIT big is ridiculous. He doesn't have to do it, but to me you are spitting on the history of the tournament so you can get ahead of the NIL chase for a week or so. As much as it is annoying, he is probably right and the NIL movement shouldn't be allowed until the day after the National Title game. 

• Like 1