• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB takes on No. 4 W&M on Sunday at 2:30pm

Wow, it must really be a dump, because the civic center (to me, it will always be the civic center) is a real dump. With its square design, it was obsolete when it was built in the 60’s. I once read (or heard) that when the NHL went through it’s major expansion, beginning in the mid-to-late 60’s, that Baltimore would have gotten a team, but for the fact the league considered the civic center subpar. Instead, the league expanded to the old capital centre. Anyway, I digress. Philly to me would be ideal, geographically, for the CAA tournament, provided there’s an appropriate venue

You’re right TU2012. With JMU & Elon (who both swept us) both ousted, it should be smooth sailing ⛵️ for us!!!

42 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Wow, it must really be a dump, because the civic center (to me, it will always be the civic center) is a real dump. With its square design, it was obsolete when it was built in the 60’s. I once read (or heard) that when the NHL went through it’s major expansion, beginning in the mid-to-late 60’s, that Baltimore would have gotten a team, but for the fact the league considered the civic center subpar. Instead, the league expanded to the old capital centre. Anyway, I digress. Philly to me would be ideal, geographically, for the CAA tournament, provided there’s an appropriate venue

I have no problem with it being in Philly. Just not the Palestra. I don't think there's another venue that's kind of neutral where the CAA could go that is mid-size. That's why the Baltimore Arena made sense. Richmond made sense when there was a team in Richmond. They play the women's tournament in Upper Marlboro which is really neutral but that place is too small.

I wish this place was a little closer to Philly or Baltimore but this is the perfect venue. Not sure we'd get enough Towson (1 hour, 15 away) or Drexel fans (1:45) for this one

http://giantcenter.box-officetickets.com/V/v-2584?msclkid=a072cce4ed621be2378b967fb14d7669&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=VenueVivid_2584_Giant Center_Hershey_PA_US&utm_term=giant center hershey&utm_content=Giant Center

Not a bad choice facility wise. Very similar to n Charleston Coliseum but it wouldn’t draw at all. Delaware would be the closest with best attendance if they are decent. They had a little pocket of 100-150 last night 

But travel would be a nightmare for some Fans. No airport/train

Try to find a mid-size arena from Southern Virginia to Northern Pa, close to 95.

Here's one in Reading, Pa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santander_Arena

https://www.santander-arena.com/

The Scope in Norfolk is another good mid-sized venue. There a lot more venues in New York and New Jersey, but we have no schools in New Jersey.

Likely wouldn't be able to get the Giant Center in Hershey because it hosts high school basketball and wrestling around this time of the year plus a hockey team that occupies the arena for 40 games a year.  Plus, I can't imagine there would be any sort of local interest involving schools that aren't really in that area.  If you're going to do a tournament involving a conference of this size, you have to play it in a city where there is a school.

But then, this is the same conference who couldn't figure out even an online streaming deal with anyone so I wouldn't be surprised if they went to Orono, Maine for the conference tournament.

Edited by Chris Datres

I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm not feeling great about today's game.  Hard to beat a team 3x in a season and our Tigers are so wildly inconsistent.  I just not convinced we have that fire-in-the-belly killer instinct that is needed this time of year.  I could see it being WM 80-TU 67.  I pray that they prove me wrong!

Go Tigers!

Watching this online....12 minutes into the game and I’m about to turn it off.  What a terrible team we have.  No rhythm, no patience, no structure. Eddie Keith looks like a 42 year old man out there.  Doesn’t look like he committed to the fitness plan.  Too many late night wings at Bateman’s.