• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Skerry time to go?

1 hour ago, Chris Datres said:

TSU88 brings up Maura from UMBC -- 6 points, 5 assists, 2 TO this year vs. us, 9 points, 5 assists, 1 TO last year vs. us.  I'm like everyone else on this thread in this respect -- I look at UMBC getting to the championship game of their league and wondering how a team in a similar location to us can be in this position more often than we can.  Yes, CAA is stronger than the AEC and we've whacked UMBC 5 straight years but at some point, the maturity of the players as a single and the team as a whole has to improve so we can get there too.

AEC has a couple of good teams. Vermont and stony brook Albany and then some bad ones. 

But they haven’t been in the final in 5-8 years? Not sure exactly but vt and Albany have dominated recently. 

Odom seems like he’s a good coach and had a gift of lyles fall into his lap. Did we or any other caa teams check in on him when he was leaving vcu??  

But it’s 2018, and umbc plays that style and can recruit players that fit the system. Our style is not what kids play or are used to in hs/aau. Need shooters and guards to win, just can’t chuck it up and try and rebound it every time

Lyles definitely fell in Odom’s lap. He transferred in under Odom’s predecessor. Would have loved to have had Lyles here. Now that Lyles is done after this season, it’ll be interesting to see how they do without him next year, though he does have a transfer next year from Providence, who was highly touted out of HS. My guess-If Odom gets UMBC in the tournament anytime soon, he’ll use them as a lily pad & jump to a higher program at the 1st opportunity. That would be a nice problem for us to have-Skerry being coveted because he took us dancing 

On 3/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

AEC has a couple of good teams. Vermont and stony brook Albany and then some bad ones. 

But they haven’t been in the final in 5-8 years? Not sure exactly but vt and Albany have dominated recently. 

Odom seems like he’s a good coach and had a gift of lyles fall into his lap. Did we or any other caa teams check in on him when he was leaving vcu??  

But it’s 2018, and umbc plays that style and can recruit players that fit the system. Our style is not what kids play or are used to in hs/aau. Need shooters and guards to win, just can’t chuck it up and try and rebound it every time

It wouldn't be March if a dominant Vermont team didn't choke away the conference championship game at home.  UMBC is dancing and that really freakin sucks.

Jarius Lyles put UMBC on his back. He literally scored almost 1/2 their points & hit the clutch game winner. If ZM wants to take the next step, this is the kind of thing he needs to do (he really needs to improve his foul shooting).

In any event, this W likely ends the Ryan Odom era in Catonsville. He’s young, makes a good appearance & took a bottom feeder program to the dance in just 2 years. My guess is he’ll jump to a bigger school after the tournament is over. He really had a horseshoe up his butt-Lyles transferred to UMBC before Odom got the job. Now would be the optimum time for Odom to cash in, with Lyles not being back next year. He better strike while the iron is hot.

It was an exhibition game, but we were good enough to beat Bucknell in November, and the Bison go on to win 26 games and get a ticket to the dance. A month later, w'ere good enough to beat UMBC, but they go on to win 24 games, and have a dance date too. We go 8-13 following the UMBC win ... and are going nowhere. What's wrong with this picture?

Depth and rotation weren’t the same after we lost Ingram and Morman. Forced other guys to play more mins and have larger roles. 

I couldn’t agree more. If Ingram didn’t quit on us, & if Morman doesn’t get himself kicked off, I firmly believe our chances of having won the tournament would have been very good.

I also agree we’re close. Said it before & I’ll say it again, IF Skerry nails these last 2 open scholarships we’re going to be a force to contend with next season. We’ve already got some very nice pieces in place

• Like 1

Ingram played about five minutes a game and was insignificant. Good potential but wasn't much of a factor. Morman was bad at times and I don't get how having 10 players is going to help if we are having the same issues at center and at point guard. The same defensive issues when Gorham was at center. Morman would have helped some defensively if he was locked in but he obviously wasn't in the second half of the season.

My theory is based on my assumption Ingram’s minutes would have gone up as the season progressed, just as ZM’s did last year, & that Morman would have contributed 8-10 ppg & played D. In any event, this is all irrelevant at this point. What’s relevant is how these last 2 scholarships get filled