• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

First Football Practice update

Keep the info flowing Mat. Not easy to stay energized about one one of the biggest sleeping giant's of college athletics. Had we followed our FCS championship appearance with continued success? NCAA BBall Tournament runs, it would be much easier. Or if we were in a mainstream conference? I.E. if in the ACC, our student body is about the same size as Clemson, 1/3 larger than Duke and 3 times larger than Wake Forest. That, and we have a better media market. Am not dismissing other factors, but, saying were like Joe Flacco before he transferred to Delaware. Anyway, maybe other media apps could be integrated into this page. I.E., a Towsonfans.com Facebook page? Twitter & Instagram account? Would be more outlets to let fans know where to come for information, interaction, perspectives, they may not get anywhere else. 😎

• Like 1

I read em. I agree tho. I think spending a little time into expanding this pages reach could be worth it.

I've plugged the last two practice updates on Twitter. It's up to TigerNation if he wants to do something on Facebook or IG. Agree that using social media would help I think.

• Like 1

Matt,

My nephew is Bryce Lauer #58.  Freshman DE.  Curious on how he is doing in camp.  He is a hard worker and a good defensive player.  He is playing a new position so he said things were fast at first because he was still learning.  He said things are starting to slow down for him.  The other thing he said was how close the team was as far as personalities and friendships.  We are all looking forward to Tiger games and being fans.  Any heads up you can pass along would be great.  

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 10:59 PM, mat1992 said:

I've plugged the last two practice updates on Twitter. It's up to TigerNation if he wants to do something on Facebook or IG. Agree that using social media would help I think.

I will do a little more advertising very soon, I have been absent from the site for about two months. Just lost my mother back in June. I’ll get back into the mix of things in September.

2 hours ago, TigerNation said:

I will do a little more advertising very soon, I have been absent from the site for about two months. Just lost my mother back in June. I’ll get back into the mix of things in September.

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are back in the fold.

3 hours ago, Go58 said:

Matt,

My nephew is Bryce Lauer #58.  Freshman DE.  Curious on how he is doing in camp.  He is a hard worker and a good defensive player.  He is playing a new position so he said things were fast at first because he was still learning.  He said things are starting to slow down for him.  The other thing he said was how close the team was as far as personalities and friendships.  We are all looking forward to Tiger games and being fans.  Any heads up you can pass along would be great.  

I noticed him a little more last week because he was with the 2s. Good size. Guessing he will redshirt as most freshmen do. We have pretty good depth there but we lose Udinski and Lambert after this season to graduation so he could earn his way into the rotation as a r-freshman. Assuming we are playing mostly 4-3, we also have junior Malik Tyne, soph Bryce Carter and the 4* transfer Ricky DeBerry, who is a grad student but does have 2 years left.

Deberry is a LB though....right?  Bryce is gonna play with his hand down as a DE.  Bryce will develop and make a huge impact soon.  I am 100% confident in it.  You and the rest of Tiger Nation will love this kid.  He is a tackling machine.  He loves to hit and is naturally strong as an ox.  He played MidLB in high school despite being 6"3" 250 lbs.  Once he learns rush techniques and moves, he is going to be super fun to watch.  keep me posted if he does anything interesting.  

2 hours ago, Go58 said:

Deberry is a LB though....right?  Bryce is gonna play with his hand down as a DE.  Bryce will develop and make a huge impact soon.  I am 100% confident in it.  You and the rest of Tiger Nation will love this kid.  He is a tackling machine.  He loves to hit and is naturally strong as an ox.  He played MidLB in high school despite being 6"3" 250 lbs.  Once he learns rush techniques and moves, he is going to be super fun to watch.  keep me posted if he does anything interesting.  

DeBerry is going to put his hand in the dirt.