• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 36, MORGAN 10

We definitely kept some things vanilla, especially on D. Not sure I love that but it is what it is with RA and his secrecy. A few players that didn't play last week could return to action like Dorsey, Tibo, Greaves. If Greenwood played (even if we was listed on the part. list), he should play more. Allen's injury not serious and neither was Ellis or Rusolillo. 

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

We definitely kept some things vanilla, especially on D. Not sure I love that but it is what it is with RA and his secrecy. A few players that didn't play last week could return to action like Dorsey, Tibo, Greaves. If Greenwood played (even if we was listed on the part. list), he should play more. Allen's injury not serious and neither was Ellis or Rusolillo. 

Whew. Glad to hear the injuries aren’t serious.

Also - Chris Clark, what a stud. Kid is a massive presence on the field. NFL body. 

Just now, BradTU said:

Whew. Glad to hear the injuries aren’t serious.

Also - Chris Clark, what a stud. Kid is a massive presence on the field. NFL body. 

Clark is limited right now physically. Imagine if he was healthy.

Clark looked pretty damn good for being limited physically.

Glad to hear the injuries weren’t serious. Knudson was in a boot, which looked pretty serious. 

I’d like to see Greenwood, Allen, Dorsey & Clark all playing. The more potential playmakers the better

I agree. Leatherbury had that big 50+ yard play. He could be a productive slot guy. Richardson with some good catches last night too.  Seems like we have more weapons than we’ve had in recent years 

6 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I agree. Leatherbury had that big 50+ yard play. He could be a productive slot guy. Richardson with some good catches last night too.  Seems like we have more weapons than we’ve had in recent years 

We pretty much have the same weapons as last season aside from Clark. But what we didn't have was Flacco. I suggested maybe he held the ball a little too long but Stover did the opposite. So it's really all about the quarterback.

Watching the game back, the read option was not smooth at all. First time we get the ball inside the 5, pass over Gallahan's head, Flacco keeps on the option and somehow gets to the 1 after being hit, then Kobe Young gets the ball on the handoff from the Pistol and is stopped. Shame that Leatherbury couldn't score on that nice run after the catch but that's something we missed from last season. Not a lot of yards after the catch.

Big improvement over the 10 point output vs Morgan last season, but you could make a good case we left at least 11 points on the field (I’m just counting settling for a FG on one of the drives we got stuffed near the goal line, & the end of 1st half where we got stopped on downs).

Final score last night probably should have been in the neighborhood of 47-3. Next week will be a much sterner test, particularly for the D.

I know Flacco had a few mistakes that Rob referred after the game. One of those seemed to come on that 2nd drive when we settled for a FG on 3rd and 4 and he sort of panicked. Took off running, maybe could have had a short pass to Shane, who was open in the flat and might have scored. He hesitated and ran instead. Rob gave it to him on the sidelines. To me, you have to get the ball to Shane in space, esp. as a receiver. Seems like we've underused that side of him. Go back to Ellis to the Villanova game two years ago when he missed him open. QBs want the home run but Shane is a home run if you can get him the ball and he's 1 on 1 against a DB.