• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Tigers fall to Wake Forest, 51-20

Watched the game at a Wake bar in DC.. so many golf shirts and khaki shorts.  Kept the game close early but the D just couldn't keep up with their QB and Dortch. Kick coverage was just bad, hopefully we fix that this week, we can't do that poorly vs FCS teams or it will be along season. Penalties, Special Teams, and not winning the turnover battle means we had no chance for the upset over the full 60. O looked good, I'm a bit concerned about the running game but it was already a shoot out in the 1st so we'll see next week if we can move the ball and control the clock.

Edited by TheGoldCrotchPiece

Maine beat Western Kentucky yesterday after spotting them a 21-0 lead in the first quarter. WKU might be down this year, but Maine looks like the real deal. Also, New Hampshire lost again, Rhode Island won again, so who knows how things will shake out this year.

Rhode Island is 2-0, both conference W’s. I’m glad we don’t play them this year.

New Hampshire is 0-2, & staring down 0-3 once they presumably lose next week to Colorado. I texted my best friend, a CU grad & football fanatic, & urged the Buffs to drop half a hundred on UNH. None of that will matter though when UNH becomes the 1st team with a losing record to make the playoffs 😳

I drove up to Winston Salem and went to the game with my wife and kids.  We sat on Deacon Hill in the south endzone.  What a great game day experience and environment....very family friendly.

As I was eavesdropping on conversations around me by Wake fans, there was certainly some serious concern early on as "Townson" was moving the ball well.  Their big guys were just bigger than our big guys.  We got absolutely stonewalled along the d-line.

The next morning we went for breakfast to a local greasy spoon called Mama Zoe Michaels.  Evidently, it's the place where the Wake Forest football team and fans go on Sunday mornings.....jam packed with folks talking about the Towson game.

The score is not indicative of the effort the Tigers gave.  I was very impressed with our level of speed and athleticism from our skill players.  I think we're going to catch a lot of teams sleeping on us.