• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Chris Datres

TOWSON 52, STONY BROOK 28 (story up)

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

I can confirm, as a freshman at the tailgates I felt seriously unsafe by the SAFE security. They Screamed at everyone to dispurse Lot 13 as soon as kickoff was about to happen. They aggresively hound people if God forbid they brought a cooler with more than a six pack in it. The demographic of people we need to attract to the games are underage students so why intimadate them in their first few weeks at their new school in a new environment? SAFE certainly is putting a bad taste in anyone's mouth who tries to support the program.

The parking lot at Towson is not West Baltimore, we don't need a militarized police force to harress the community. It's clearly not working.

We need to be more accommodating the female student population to attend games. Towson is 70/30 girl to guy ratio. Bring the ladies and the men follow. If all the beautiful girls at school will be uptown on Gameday then what incentive does a 19 year old guy have to choose to get bullied by SAFE in Lot 13 over going to the bars where all the beautiful people are hanging out? 

Tim, Kim, Spiro, Rob whoever can see this please for the sake of the program you need to cut ties with SAFE security they are scum! 

They should be getting people inside at kickoff. You cannot blame them for doing that.

However, I had to park in the Glen Garage and walkover.  As I came close to the stadium SAFE employees were checking bags, backpacks and people walking up the hill by the stadium. They were also sending people away. (one of which had a shopping bag of about 8-10 beers). This is not a good look.

19 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

They should be getting people inside at kickoff. You cannot blame them for doing that.

However, I had to park in the Glen Garage and walkover.  As I came close to the stadium SAFE employees were checking bags, backpacks and people walking up the hill by the stadium. They were also sending people away. (one of which had a shopping bag of about 8-10 beers). This is not a good look.

Its so trivial 

18 hours ago, Blounge said:

I can confirm, as a freshman at the tailgates I felt seriously unsafe by the SAFE security. They Screamed at everyone to dispurse Lot 13 as soon as kickoff was about to happen. They aggresively hound people if God forbid they brought a cooler with more than a six pack in it. The demographic of people we need to attract to the games are underage students so why intimadate them in their first few weeks at their new school in a new environment? SAFE certainly is putting a bad taste in anyone's mouth who tries to support the program.

The parking lot at Towson is not West Baltimore, we don't need a militarized police force to harress the community. It's clearly not working.

We need to be more accommodating the female student population to attend games. Towson is 70/30 girl to guy ratio. Bring the ladies and the men follow. If all the beautiful girls at school will be uptown on Gameday then what incentive does a 19 year old guy have to choose to get bullied by SAFE in Lot 13 over going to the bars where all the beautiful people are hanging out? 

Tim, Kim, Spiro, Rob whoever can see this please for the sake of the program you need to cut ties with SAFE security they are scum! 

As a graduate from Towson in May I completely agree. My junior and senior year going to the game wasn't even a thought among my friends/frat because of all the rules and regulations. Everyone goes to day drinks uptown Saturday during the day so why bother going to the tailgate/game when no one is there.

It's pretty sad to hear by other people on this thread that the SAFE security was harassing people last weekend. It seemed like there was a decent amount of students and greek organizations which is big, tailgating and at the game. Seemed like they may have gotten something going with getting them out to homecoming that I was hoping would continue and change students mindset but sounds like SAFE ruined any progress, sad.

Even alumni in the the alumni lot were getting harassed, crazy. I know it's like at-least $100 to rent a space down there, what makes Towson think treating alums like this is going to make them want to spend money next homecoming on just a place to tailgate lol

Edited by TU2018
spacing

I was in the alumni lot for homecoming and did not have one problem at all. We brought in coolers full of beer and not one issue. There were a lot of younger students/alumni and it seemed there were no problems. 

So if security is looking at you, that’s harassment? Perception is not always reality and I think some people are looking for excuses not to come to games and support their fellow students. I get wanded and bag searched before  I got to the press box. It’s just today’s world we live in.

There needs to be a balance. The students shouldnt act like idiots and drink themselves into doing dumb things and endangering themselves/others. They also should be there to go to the game, so I agree with SAFE shutting it down 15-20 minutes before kickoff.

But at the same time SAFE shouldnt be bag checking everyone who looks to be under the age of 30, on the corner of olser/auburn drive. It also backs up foot and car traffic on the road there, which already is a cluster with the parking police.

There’s a general mistrust between the TUPD/SAFE and the student body when it comes to events like this. The students don’t want to risk a fine and citation at the game and this strong security presence up front on Osler intimidates the college kids. It creates a feeling of having to look over you shoulder instead of being able to enjoy  yourself when at the pregame festivities.

• Like 2

If you were in college would this team be good enough in your opinion for you to risk a $150 citation x 5 each home game?

Towson are you trying to finesse money through alcohol citations to offset where you are lacking in ticket sales?

fire safe

5 minutes ago, Blounge said:

If you were in college would this team be good enough in your opinion for you to risk a $150 citation x 5 each home game?

Towson are you trying to finesse money through alcohol citations to offset where you are lacking in ticket sales?

fire safe

Or you could just not act like an idiot and then not risk a citation. 

24 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

Or you could just not act like an idiot and then not risk a citation. 

Yeah, this. They also sell affordable alcohol inside to anyone over the age of 21..