• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Latest poll

Five teams from the west in the Top 10 -- that's unusual, if memory serves. Lower seeded teams (us, if we get our act together these next two weeks) will likely have to travel far for second/third round games.

Well, we’re still in the top 20. Perhaps there’s a chance we eek in if we finish 7-4 (big if, but at least we control that possibility). I say zero chance at 6-5 & 100% chance at 8-3. This is why they play the games on the field, rather than on paper.

Towson has not recorded two wins over teams with a winning record in the same season but 1 time since 2013.  Elon is #5, James Madison is #10.  Does anyone truly feel like we are about to  record back to back wins over a pair of Top 10 opponents following what you have seen over the last two weeks.... four years? 

Bye Felicia!

4 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

Towson has not recorded two wins over teams with a winning record in the same season but 1 time since 2013.  Elon is #5, James Madison is #10.  Does anyone truly feel like we are about to  record back to back wins over a pair of Top 10 opponents following what you have seen over the last two weeks.... four years? 

Bye Felicia!

If you want to get into sEmantics (E, not Y...I thought our school educated better than that), I'd argue that Towson already has 2 wins over winning teams as they were over 500 when we played them.  We can't control what happens after the fact.  Nova was 2-0 (with a win over a 1-A team) when we beat them and Stony Brook was 4-1 when we pounded them.  

I get it that the ones making the most noise are the ones that hate coaches but perhaps the examination should wait until after the damn season is over.  This isn't the pros where they make changes during the season.  Unless it's a complete FUBAR (read: Kansas), a good AD doesn't make an evaluation until the end of the year.  If/when we take out Elon and JMU and make the playoffs, how will that change the naysayers' mindset?

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

SB is 6-3 and ranked ahead of us. We did crush them. 

This seems to underscore that losing late in the year is always far worse than losing early. Stony Brook was idle, we beat them by 24 last month, yet they are ahead of us in both polls despite identical records. I'm rooting for Delaware to beat them on Saturday, because if we win one of these next two and SB and Towson finish 7-4, we OUGHT to get in over them. 

1 minute ago, TigerFan54 said:

This seems to underscore that losing late in the year is always far worse than losing early. Stony Brook was idle, we beat them by 24 last month, yet they are ahead of us in both polls despite identical records. I'm rooting for Delaware to beat them on Saturday, because if we win one of these next two and SB and Towson finish 7-4, we OUGHT to get in over them. 

If we beat Elon and lose to JMU and SB loses to Delaware and the beats Albany, they will get in over us. 

If we beat Elon and lose to JMU and Maine beats Richmond and loses to Elon, Elon would get in over us at 7-3.

There is one scenario where we get into the playoffs.. winning both games.