• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

We’re just good enough to lose

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...yet again. It’s almost comical; my buddies & are were joking (gallows humor) when we went up by 5 late in the game that W&M had us right where they want us. So predictable. No wonder no one comes to these games except on Autism awareness day 

• Like 1

Look, I apologize for going off in the car but I got pissed. This was a bad team from the scratch so expectations had You can talk about x's and o's but when you have poor ballhandlers, only one good scorer, bad passers, low IQ, etc, there's only so much you can do when it comes to running plays. The Martin/Gorham transfers were crushing and some of the replacements were late pickups. But the rest as far as juco transfers and D1 transfers, didn't work out other than Fobbs.

Whose fault is that? Of course, it's on PS. The first half of tonight's game was an abomination but we were so bad offensively, the Tribe played down to our level. 

There's nothing else to say other than we still have a shot at the sixth seed if Drexel loses to NE and had to be lowered.

It was all sunshine and balloons, I'm sure, when we hit 7 in a row to get that 5-point lead.  The problem that has plagued us in all of these close losses is that everyone loses their damn basketball minds on the court.  Why the hell are we chucking up contested 3's on consecutive trips in a 1-point game?  We have guys that constantly stand around with the ball against a zone rather than moving it.  Just like against Hofstra, when Fobbs got himself into the lane, they were able to find him for a 10-footer.  That didn't happen enough tonite.  For all the love that we have for rebounding, it doesn't mean much if you have crap off-the-ball defenders who don't know how to hedge correctly and who can't close out under control on shooters on skip passes.  These guys played against W&M the first time, you'd think they'd remember the backdoor situations.  Nope, they get caught staring at the ball.  All that said, if we could have just had any type of leader on the court to take over things, we don't continue to lose these tight games.  But no one has found their voice this year...or at least refuses to use it.  I've been long done with our seniors who should be the ones with that voice.  They're virtually worthless.  It seems no one else has that demeanor yet to crack some skulls out there.  

As for the final play, someone like McNeill is the absolute last person I'd have making the decision on who to pass it to on an inbounds play.  If he lets the play run, Fobbs is wide open at the top of the key and that's a much better look than Howard flailing about anywhere.  

• Like 1

Tonight (and C of C game, & Hofstra game, & JMU & Drexel road games) are just symptoms of a disease. Unfortunately, there’s no cure for the next 7-8 years

• Like 1

Terrible play at the end of the 1st half; terrible play at the end of the 2nd half. Meet the new boss; same as the old boss

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

It was all sunshine and balloons, I'm sure, when we hit 7 in a row to get that 5-point lead.  The problem that has plagued us in all of these close losses is that everyone loses their damn basketball minds on the court.  Why the hell are we chucking up contested 3's on consecutive trips in a 1-point game?  We have guys that constantly stand around with the ball against a zone rather than moving it.  Just like against Hofstra, when Fobbs got himself into the lane, they were able to find him for a 10-footer.  That didn't happen enough tonite.  For all the love that we have for rebounding, it doesn't mean much if you have crap off-the-ball defenders who don't know how to hedge correctly and who can't close out under control on shooters on skip passes.  These guys played against W&M the first time, you'd think they'd remember the backdoor situations.  Nope, they get caught staring at the ball.  All that said, if we could have just had any type of leader on the court to take over things, we don't continue to lose these tight games.  But no one has found their voice this year...or at least refuses to use it.  I've been long done with our seniors who should be the ones with that voice.  They're virtually worthless.  It seems no one else has that demeanor yet to crack some skulls out there.  

As for the final play, someone like McNeill is the absolute last person I'd have making the decision on who to pass it to on an inbounds play.  If he lets the play run, Fobbs is wide open at the top of the key and that's a much better look than Howard flailing about anywhere.  

Knight saved the game for them. 

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Terrible play at the end of the 1st half; terrible play at the end of the 2nd half. Meet the new boss; same as the old boss

8 more years of this garbage.  Complacency in the Athletic Department. Same old same old.  No pressure, no fire, no intensity. 

• Like 1