• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Chatting for Nova game

We have more injured players than points. Lyrics just got banged up. No reason to have any starters out there or key players. Let them run over us and score. Who cares?

2 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

All of the above? 

Sorry, that was based on a new poster from earlier this week that crushed my credibility because I was blaming the OL.

I hate to say it, but Stover took a step backwards tonight. You can blame the line on the lack of a running game and he had at least five dropped passes (Gray, Gallahan x2, Richardson, Drosey). But his others throws were sailing tonight. I really don't know how we're going to score the rest of the year without a running game and with Stover at QB. Shane might be back after the bye but I've heard he could be out longer. Sadly, this is team that is just trying to be competitive and that's about it.

Offensively, this was pathetic. We knock out the starting QB and THEIR freshman backup performs  well enough to win. Better player? Yes, but their schemes were creative and well executed; ours were neither. We get multiple turnovers and waste them. Our steadiest performer -- O'Neill -- misses an XP and a field goal. Hard to imagine this being anything other than a  2-9 season, maybe 3-8.

Tonight was my first chance to actually watch them in action.  Defense played well enough to win this game outside of the first drive of the game.  This offense is horrid.  Ambrose said it perfectly going into halftime.  It's a bad bad scheme but it all starts with the offensive line.  If you're not opening holes, I don't care if you have John Riggins and Barry Sanders back there, you're not going to gain much.  Stover seems ok in a simple pitch and catch type scenario.  That is, if he has enough time...and his receivers decide to catch the ball.  It's just a bad setup right now and I'm kinda feeling the desperate need for a change in scheme.  But again, if you have subpar offensive linemen, it's not going to matter.

2 hours ago, tualum said:

Came into chat and saw nothing. Then saw final score and understood why...

I erased the chat. Nobody was on it.

3 hours ago, TUTigers said:

What is Mahalak's status? Did they ever say what his injury was?

His status is week-to-week. I asked Ambrose about it and he wouldn't go into detail other than they are being very careful with his injury. At this point, you might as well go with Stover and if Jeff Miller is here next season and he's better than all of them, he should get the job. We can't keep waiting for the next Grant Enders or Joe Lee or Dan Crowley or even Peter Athens.

Poor coaching job, they are being outcoached it seems like its not even close. Everyone deals with injuries