• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

FB routs URI, 29-10 in finale

Neither Delaware or UNH should have made the playoffs. UD has a legit grievance, up to a point. If it had beat Nova yesterday, they (presumably) would have gotten in over UNH, so, by losing, they put there fate in the hands of the committee, which will ALWAYS side with UNH. 

Their AD must still be on the committee. But I'm not sad about Delaware not making it for the seventh straight year. A loss to Nova was bad, but after seeing them lose to us, did you really think that team was a playoff team. Come to think of it, the CAA is not all that impressive aside from JMU. We really aren't that far away. Need to stay healthy as RA mentioned yesterday. I don't know how you do that aside from keeping Shane and your other top RBs and WRs out of most of the practices.

UNH has a lame resume. They did beat an FBS team, Georgia Southern, which has a record of 1-10, making it one of the worst FBS teams in the country. They got blown out by Holy Cross, a 4-7 Patriot League squad, & lost to Albany, who finished 4-7. It’s nothing short of disgraceful they get an automatic bid every season.

Edited by TSU88

Like I said, neither UD or UNH deserved to make the playoffs. This was a down year for the CAA-Richmond & Nova were mediocre & quite frankly I don’t think Elon or Stony Brook are anything special. 

On 11/19/2017 at 0:05 AM, towson2006 said:

Good finish to the year...now my favorite part of the season begins - recruiting. Getting student-athletes to sign because they want to play, be students, and meeting parents looking for a good place for their child to learn. The level of student this staff brings in is consistently higher than it ever was (when I got here "cheating doesn't count if you don't get caught" was a thing), and it's pretty awesome. Of course winning matters on this board, and I'd like to see it happen, but really, at Towson, it doesn't matter all that much to me. 

9_9 "The level of student this staff brings in is consistently higher than it ever was"

Good ending to the season as some have said here against mediocre teams. I'm almost confident we'll be in the same position and saying the same things next year at this time just like before. Another 4-8 season or so...

2 minutes ago, tualum said:

Good ending to the season as some have said here against mediocre teams. I'm almost confident we'll be in the same position and saying the same things next year at this time just like before. Another 4-8 season or so...

Good thing we have such loyal and true blue fans/supporters.

I have a more optimistic view for next year...no worse than 7-4.  A lot of young players got experience this year and that will pay off.  Stover has a year under his belt and will make huge strides this off season.  Goes without saying, but as with all teams,  staying healthy will be key.  I would like to see more up-tempo, no-huddle offense.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fblfan said:

I have a more optimistic view for next year...no worse than 7-4.  A lot of young players got experience this year and that will pay off.  Stover has a year under his belt and will make huge strides this off season.  Goes without saying, but as with all teams,  staying healthy will be key.  I would like to see more up-tempo, no-huddle offense.

Agreed. No reason couldn't have gone 6-5 this year... I see improvements... Still would like to see an OC change.