• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB received one vote in the AP Poll

Trying to debate with Matt is sometimes like trying to move a stationary brick wall by hand.. lol. Despite some of us here saying that we are proud of the team and record, but let's not jump the gun. That is hardly being pessimistic.... But I digress.. lol

Edited by tualum

6 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

Nobody is finding a way to shoot the team down...they are headed in the right direction......but you just need to hold your horses before you name them national champions. They are a good CAA team....and that is something to be appreciated. Coach Skerry has done a wonderful job....but to get to the next level, they need a signature win.....and a win over Pitt does that...a win over Manhattan does not.

A  Win over Pitt is not a signature win. Maybe in 2008.  Go on the road and beat c of c and Elon. That’s a statement 

8 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

Nobody is finding a way to shoot the team down...they are headed in the right direction......but you just need to hold your horses before you name them national champions. They are a good CAA team....and that is something to be appreciated. Coach Skerry has done a wonderful job....but to get to the next level, they need a signature win.....and a win over Pitt does that...a win over Manhattan does not.

Again, nobody named them National Champs. It's ok to say positive things about this team. It's alright. You can do that without giving them the CAA title. We have our faults. If anybody decided to every go to a chat, you know I'm bitching about every fault we have. We're going to lose to UMBC or Oakland or Pitt and the streak will be over but when you have the best streak since 1993, it's time to f-ing rejoice. When you've been through 15 straight losing seasons, nothing wrong with bragging a bit. When you get one vote in a meaningless poll from John Feinstein, win two tournaments and Skerry is on every local radio and TV outlet, blog, etc, and we're getting national coverage everywhere...that's a great thing. Sporting News, SI, Mid-major blogs. It's all good in the Towson hood.

Preach it to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Let's get some more asses in the seats on Saturday. Oh crap, saw the weather forecast. Snow all day. Hope it doesn't stick.

BTW, we beat La Salle, who beat Temple. That might be better than beating a horrible Pitt team. They needed OT to beat Mt. St. Mary's at home by 4. We beat Georgia Southern, who beat Wake Forest. Again, solid win on a neutral court. Can we beat Charleston with Brantley back? IDK. I have my doubts because I don't like our post players in terms of size after Thomas. I worry about W&M as well with Knight and Thomas will foul out against him. We need to go back to pressing and trapping instead of just zone pressing but I understand right now we are travel-weary. Once we get in conference play, I want to see that pressure with Tunstall in front of it for 15+ minutes. We need to force more turnovers. Also need to figure out the backup point guard spot. Need EK to play more with backups. Maybe don't start him but bring him off bench to help with ballhandling. 

• Like 4

In other news, I find it crazy how UMBC and their conference can get a ESPN3 deal where it looks like most of their conference games are streamed. Why is it so difficult for the CAA to do? 

17 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

You know Pitt stinks right?

5 minutes ago, sr16 said:

In other news, I find it crazy how UMBC and their conference can get a ESPN3 deal where it looks like most of their conference games are streamed. Why is it so difficult for the CAA to do? 

This is difficult because our deal is with CBSSN and from my knowledge they do not have a streaming deal.

In other news, LaSalle lost to Drexel last night, didn't see any of the game but that's not good. 

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

You know Pitt stinks right?

I do, but I do have some media savvy.....the headline becomes “Tigers rip Power 5 Pitt”. The headline will not be “Towson beats crappy Pitt team”.......all about getting attention. 

And Elon got blown out by 31 by UNC...Greensboro. It just shows how difficult it can be to gauge teams until they get into conference play. Drexel has a guy putting up video game numbers so far. So does W&M. But what’s the level of competition. Will it continue in conference play? Time will tell.

I think the CAA will be tougher because there won’t be any gimmes but no UNCW dominant teams either. Very impressed with W&M and their start considering they have four new starters