• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Off-season news and clips

40 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yes it is. Same with robs interview. The broken records

Hah! Pot calling kettle .... ie”criticizing someone for a fault you also possess “.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

It's the same old song.......year after year after year. "We are really good"...."This group has the best (fill in the blank) of any team in my (fill in the number of years) coaching. "

What do you expect him to say, “the guys I brought in are stiffs & I think we’re going to stink”? I mean, don’t most coaches engage in “coach speak”? 

As for me, I’m going to reserve judgment. Not printing tickets to the big dance but not automatically assuming we’re going to be lousy either. Having said that, I think 3 of the 4 transfers (Holden, Nolan & Rizzuto) could be pretty good; not so sure about the 4th (Paar). 

2 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Hah! Pot calling kettle .... ie”criticizing someone for a fault you also possess “.

Haha. At least one doesn’t sound arrogant when he speaks. 
We all are tired and frustrated by both coaches bs and lack of success. 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

What do you expect him to say, “the guys I brought in are stiffs & I think we’re going to stink”? I mean, don’t most coaches engage in “coach speak”? 

As for me, I’m going to reserve judgment. Not printing tickets to the big dance but not automatically assuming we’re going to be lousy either. Having said that, I think 3 of the 4 transfers (Holden, Nolan & Rizzuto) could be pretty good; not so sure about the 4th (Paar). 

this is true. I do have pretty high hopes for the transfers. They were successful statistically on some ok/decent teams. 
parr looks semi mobile in those videos, At least for a guy that size 

I wish I could print all the off-the-record stuff from the coaches over the 3+ decades I've been doing this, have said to me. But I can't. If I did, nobody would want to talk to me. It's off-the-record for a reason and what you are going to get for the most part is fluff and repetition on-the-record. Nobody wants to throw players under the bus. Nobody wants to diss an opponent that they might see again or a coach or a program. The best on-the-record comments are usually after games when coaches get emotional sometimes blurt out things they'd like to take back.

I do find both coaches very easy to talk to, even after most games. I understand the fans don't give a crap about that and only want results. But I've been pretty fortunate to have access to things like summer practice and even preseason practice in football and hoops, when many D1 coaches will close them or are very selective at what you can see.

We should also see more clips and videos. More interviews from the revenue sports. Promote them. Push them. The athletic dept. can control those things and edit it. These aren't garbage teams. We've had teams that weren't worth promoting. But fans need to know about the players instead of having to do the research themselves or reading our board.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I am sorry. I did leave the last sentence out of my original post. The last sentence should read "Though I am sorry that we only once got past the first game of the conference tournament". You are what your record says you are, and PS record in games that mean something is atrocious. 

On 8/13/2021 at 8:07 PM, mat1992 said:

I wish I could print all the off-the-record stuff from the coaches over the 3+ decades I've been doing this, have said to me. But I can't. If I did, nobody would want to talk to me. It's off-the-record for a reason and what you are going to get for the most part is fluff and repetition on-the-record. Nobody wants to throw players under the bus. Nobody wants to diss an opponent that they might see again or a coach or a program. The best on-the-record comments are usually after games when coaches get emotional sometimes blurt out things they'd like to take back.

I do find both coaches very easy to talk to, even after most games. I understand the fans don't give a crap about that and only want results. But I've been pretty fortunate to have access to things like summer practice and even preseason practice in football and hoops, when many D1 coaches will close them or are very selective at what you can see.

We should also see more clips and videos. More interviews from the revenue sports. Promote them. Push them. The athletic dept. can control those things and edit it. These aren't garbage teams. We've had teams that weren't worth promoting. But fans need to know about the players instead of having to do the research themselves or reading our board.

Sniff, sniff hmmm.  do I smell burner account?  You can use it to give us a juicy off the record story from time to time!  Great name for it Mat(t)1992!  What do you think?  LET'S GO!!!

• Haha 1

This Charles Thompson loves Towson and it really shows in his expression.  So does Jason Gibson.  Glad we have these guys as pillars to help us win.   Yeah I know I know we are down but who knows what happens in 2021-22..   Just happy these guys represent our school!