• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

Not an easy win for Hofstra. That last second shot by Okaru just rolled out to tie it as the Pride missed two huge free throws to give UNCW a chance.

20 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Uncw losses at Hofstra.  Man Saturday hurts even more now. 10-2, 9-3 instead of 8-4

Two scrimmages this week (lord help patrick if they blow one of these home games), before a must win game at trask next thursday. Year 10, no more excuses with what should be a well rested team in a great environment, time to win a big one. D'Antonio better get that on cbssn as well, league got good publicity with a great game tonight.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Royal Tiger said:

Two scrimmages this week (lord help patrick if they blow one of these home games), before a must win game at trask next thursday. Year 10, no more excuses with what should be a well rested team in a great environment, time to win a big one. D'Antonio better get that on cbssn as well, league got good publicity with a great game tonight.

You sure we’re going to have a great atmosphere?

41 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

You sure we’re going to have a great atmosphere?

Thursday early start time no.  Saturday at 2pm for the autism awareness game should be a larger crowd. 
Think that the poster meant at Uncw next weeks. Great atmosphere and Towson aren’t typically words that go together 

I am not sure anything is going to be easy while Cam is playing with the mask and Terry Nolan Jr. is out. We have enough to win any of our remaining games, but they will likely almost all be grinds. We have played 11 conference games and eight of them have been decided by 7 points or less. We rode hot-shooting games to double-digit wins at William & Mary and at Hofstra. The game at home at Hofstra was a not red-hot overall shooting, but we hit 16 three-pointers, including eight from Jason Gibson. The conference this year is tight, and it takes out-of-the ordinary efforts to win big.

We are 5-3 in those games where it is decided by seven or less, and we are going to see how tough we are down the stretch because I expect a lot of down-to-the wire games. We are good enough to win a lot of them, but nothing is guaranteed with the current status of the team.   

30 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

I am not sure anything is going to be easy while Cam is playing with the mask and Terry Nolan Jr. is out. We have enough to win any of our remaining games, but they will likely almost all be grinds. We have played 11 conference games and eight of them have been decided by 7 points or less. We rode hot-shooting games to double-digit wins at William & Mary and at Hofstra. The game at home at Hofstra was a not red-hot overall shooting, but we hit 16 three-pointers, including eight from Jason Gibson. The conference this year is tight, and it takes out-of-the ordinary efforts to win big.

We are 5-3 in those games where it is decided by seven or less, and we are going to see how tough we are down the stretch because I expect a lot of down-to-the wire games. We are good enough to win a lot of them, but nothing is guaranteed with the current status of the team.   

Cam has now played around half the games with the mask.  Nolan has missed something like 10 games?  It is what it is at this point. We know what we have and what we don’t. It’s not like these things just happened. Adapt and adjust 

Cam should have the new clear mask this week right?  Gonna make a huge difference.  Nolan plays this week. 
Back to business and I smell a home series 🧹 

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

I know we all like to think if we had all our guys healthy we would steamroll everyone in the conference but the reality is we won’t have all our guys full strength. It happens, injuries, mysterious illnesses, etc  gotta play with the cards you’re dealt with. This team does have some team of destiny vibes but i think we do need a little bit of good luck to win the caa tourney