• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB outlasts Delaware 69-62

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Without him on offense we lose a semi-consistent score.  

I hate to sound contrary, but I think Terry is net-negative on offense. Yes, he sometimes gets the assist, but more often he fails to finish his drives, tossing up ill-considered shots in traffic. And he doesn't exactly light it up from 3.  

21 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I hate to sound contrary, but I think Terry is net-negative on offense. Yes, he sometimes gets the assist, but more often he fails to finish his drives, tossing up ill-considered shots in traffic. And he doesn't exactly light it up from 3.  

I don’t want to speculate about his health however if he did contract Covid I’m hearing about individuals having breathing issues for weeks+ after.  Obviously he’s not been 100% for a long while and add to the fact he became a father before that with the lack of sleep etc. 

Vegas was 2 months ago and he scored 15 points in both games w/5 steals and he 10-12 from the line. 
Had 10 assists against Ohio State on Dec 8th.  Then 8 assists against Navy.  After the Drexel game he hasn’t been the same and obviously sick which was Jan 9th. 
16 days later.  

I truly hope they figure out and fix.  He’s been great for us when healthy. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I don’t want to speculate about his health however if he did contract Covid I’m hearing about individuals having breathing issues for weeks+ after.  Obviously he’s not been 100% for a long while and add to the fact he became a father before that with the lack of sleep etc. 

Vegas was 2 months ago and he scored 15 points in both games w/5 steals and he 10-12 from the line. 
Had 10 assists against Ohio State on Dec 8th.  Then 8 assists against Navy.  After the Drexel game he hasn’t been the same and obviously sick which was Jan 9th. 
16 days later.  

Agree with BAT here, TF54 I think you're being a bit short sided on what Terry has meant to this team.  I agree he hasn't been great but had a layup (that nobody else on the team could even attepmt) roll off the rim against Drexel but hasn't been the same since Navy.  Something isn't right but I hope that he can get right and get back to the guy he was early on.  Saying he's the guy that he's been the last 3 weeks would just be incorrect IMO.

50 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I wonder if any of that is attributable to whatever physical issue he’s dealing with?  Problem is that Hicks and Gill, at least thus far, don’t add anything offensively (points or assists). Maybe if they get more minutes, but I wonder if they’re hesitant to shoot, for fear of getting a quick hook. Anyway, replacing 11ppg & 4 assists is no easy task 

36 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I wonder if any of that is attributable to whatever physical issue he’s dealing with?  Problem is that Hicks and Gill, at least thus far, don’t add anything offensively (points or assists). Maybe if they get more minutes, but I wonder if they’re hesitant to shoot, for fear of getting a quick hook. Anyway, replacing 11ppg & 4 assists is no easy task 

Can’t play Gibson 40 minutes. Going to need to sub smartly around media’s And get either Gill or hicks when he’s back, 8-10 minutes.  They might not add anything on offense but if they can hold their own on defense and take some pressure off cam and Gibson it’ll be net positive 

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Can’t play Gibson 40 minutes. Going to need to sub smartly around media’s And get either Gill or hicks when he’s back, 8-10 minutes.  They might not add anything on offense but if they can hold their own on defense and take some pressure off cam and Gibson it’ll be net positive 

I agree with you that if Nolan is out, Hicks and Gill have to play, if for no other reason then to spell the starters. I also agree with you that ideally they can contribute on D (especially Hicks). Still, it seems to me that if they are complete non-contributors on offense that opposing teams will play off them & essentially double someone else, and dare them to shoot 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

16 days later.  

I had covid along with that breathing issue a bit. its when you get your heart going and you need to take deep breathes, can see how its so debilitating to an athlete. 

• Like 1