• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB comes back to beat W&M 75-60

So Cam started with the new mask, took it off and went back to the old one. I assume he will need to get used to the new, clearer one.

• Like 1

Mat, do you know if this minutes restriction for Nolan is a short term thing and they hope to extend it out over time or if it’ll be this way for the remainder of the season?

13 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Mat, do you know if this minutes restriction for Nolan is a short term thing and they hope to extend it out over time or if it’ll be this way for the remainder of the season?

Nolan wasn't even aware he had a minutes restriction. I just think it depends on how Nolan is playing, feeling, etc. If he passed the tests and everything is ok, I think they will gradually boosts his minutes.

The slow starts are more than just a here and there thing. They are routine which is bad if we are playing a slow paced team or a real good team. The energy used to comeback night after night must be tiring, but they do know how to do it. 
Charles has been dominant in caa play. By far our best performer (mask and jaw broken is obviously an issue for cam still). He was struggling ooc but those were some good big men he faced 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The slow starts are more than just a here and there thing. They are routine which is bad if we are playing a slow paced team or a real good team. The energy used to comeback night after night must be tiring, but they do know how to do it. 
Charles has been dominant in caa play. By far our best performer (mask and jaw broken is obviously an issue for cam still). He was struggling ooc but those were some good big men he faced 

Hard to know how to define slow start. We led 25-21 at the 6:02 mark of the first half last night and then gave up a 14-5 run to trail at halftime. In conference play, we have trailed at halftime four times in completed games (five if you count the suspended game) and are 3-1 in those games. We have led at halftime seven times (7-1) and been tied once (0-1). Your statement definitely holds true for the Northeastern game where we fell behind big and never got back in it. The home Drexel game and road Elon games also stand out as really bad starts when you go back and look. 

My favorite part of last night was actually seeing distribution in the shot attempts spread out over six different players. Six guys had eight or more shot and the most was 12. Rizzuto, Timberlake and Holden were 5-26 combined and we still won comfortably because Gibson and Thompson shot well, and Graw and Nolan Jr. also were solid. I also looked seeing the assist numbers at 17 last night. Nolan Jr. only had two assists, but had no turnovers in 21 minutes. Now, this is not a great sample because William & Mary is bad, but this is exactly the way we can avoid shooting ourselves out of games like we did at Drexel and Northeastern.

We will still need a couple of guys to have big games to win when we play the likes of Delaware, Drexel, Hofstra, UNC-W and probably also Charleston and Elon, but it is nice to have options. I look at Timberlake and Rizzuto going 2-9 and 1-9 respectively, and with Nolan Jr. back and the ball distribution someone like Timberlake doesn't feel like he needs to singlehandedly hoist up 16 shots and end up going 4-16 like he did against Northeastern. It is one game, but I do think when these guys all settle into their roles and play within themselves this team is at it's best. There are no superstars on this team (although Holden, Thompson on even on rare occasion Timberlake have take over games), but there are six very good players in Timberlake, Rizzuto, Thompson, Nolan Jr., Gibson and Holden who if they aren't forcing things can get what they need to do to help us win. I also don't want to exclude Gray who has been very solid and made some key buckets tonight when we were stretching out the lead.

Hopefully we can carry this into the Elon game, which should not be overlooked as a dangerous game. Our 4-2 conference road record has been solid, but even though we are 5-1 at home CAA play I don't think we have been much different from the road. We have 5.7 ppg winning margin on the road and a 6.2 ppg margin at home. We have been consistent both home and road, but we don't really play markedly better at home (at least in conference play). 

Edited by Tiger93
  • Like 1

Saturday is the autism awareness game! Hopefully lots of Greek life shows up. Alpha Xi Delta has Autism Speaks as their philanthropy so the whole sorority should be at the game. Combine that with a Saturday and a winning team I’m thinking we could have a crowd of 2,500 on Saturday at SECU. Last night was a good welcome home party for terry nolan. Was cool to see the boys playing on the tv in the bars. Lots of big games still left to be played! Almost beat the spread last night! 

AEACF6BB-6D11-406D-9C1E-0FC7204776D2.png

• Like 1

Also no football games tomorrow and temps in the upper 50’s + people probably have cabin fever and looking to get out of the house. If we don’t have at least 2,500 tomorrow I’ll be a bit disappointed 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Also no football games tomorrow and temps in the upper 50’s + people probably have cabin fever and looking to get out of the house. If we don’t have at least 2,500 tomorrow I’ll be a bit disappointed 

5 buck tickets too!

14 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Need to confirm..  CT block into the seats…  Spiro said 6th row but a friend who watched on 📺 said 10th row!?!

We have to make guys bounce it and not get so much time to shoot but overall we bounced back in the second half. 

The new Cam mask is trash?  Per Chuck as he referenced Bane.  Waste of $ I guess. 

Nolan like many of you said was so missed.  He plays like such a grizzled veteran.   18 wins now.  With Nolan back we finally have all the pistons firing and we are gonna be a tough team to beat in my Coach Norman Dale voice.  

Hey Bay Area Tiger, Any recommendations for while I’m in Palo Alto next week?