• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB routs Elon 86-50

I really think that this season needs to continue and we need a good run in the tournament (at least the Finals) to get the fans even more hyped. It has to happen every season and it's also the style of play that is more entertaining With most expected back next season, there is no reason why we can't be good again and then the transfer portal will be key. We've had good teams here in the last decade+, but few of them were exciting. We were about pounding the ball inside and attaching the rim.

Now, we're playing a pretty exciting brand right now. Not in terms of tempo, but efficiency and better perimeter shooting. Much better passing. If that continues over the next few seasons and the pandemic is hopefully history, we will start to average over 2,000 per game when the students are on campus. Would like it if the next AD has the Waddell-type of energy as well and out-of-the-box thinking. But I think the only way this who things changes if we make the NCAA Tournament. If we can't get fans after making the tournament this season or next season, then we will never have more than about 1,500 loyal fans per game forever and the students are a lost cause.

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The students are beyond awful. We have 22,000 students and can’t  get more than 100 for a game??!  it’s honestly embarrassing that we will play in front of more people Thursday and Saturday than we have for all of our 7 caa home games combined. 
 Used to get more of them and more passionate back when I was there in the Towson center when we sucked. Besides one good year with Benimon (and the new arena). The attendance has been disappointing for a while. 

I know there might be those who disagree, but the pathetic student turnout just debunks the myth that with 22K students (and whatever amount of those live on or in close proximity the campus) that we’re a sleeping giant in terms of attendance 

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It wouldn’t cause 100 less people to show. Also would be a good recruiting tool too. 

That we can agree on as I said, if the next AD is more about social media (doubt TL was), then he'll be asked to get on there more. RA is certainly on there a lot on Twitter, using it to offer help during the pandemic (a very nice touch and good PR move as well). Even Coach Rich is on there so sure, PS could get on there more. Promote the games, promote your players, re-Tweet quotes, etc.

12 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I know there might be those who disagree, but the pathetic student turnout just debunks the myth that with 22K students (and whatever amount of those live on or in close proximity the campus) that we’re a sleeping giant in terms of attendance 

Yup. Does not matter how many students there are, it’s not a good sports area. Even winners are proving that they can’t put butts in seats (short and long term)

who was the guy who used to do the bed count on the old caazone/early years here?!?

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yup. Does not matter how many students there are, it’s not a good sports area. Even winners are proving that they can’t put butts in seats (short and long term)

who was the guy who used to do the bed count on the old caazone/early years here?!?

He might still be on here. Datres might know

I’m not sure the lack of students attending games is only a Towson issue.  
Here at USF they struggle to get students in seats but they use the excuse of having so many international students etc. 

We all have to keep masks on here and attendants carry signs around reminding fans to keep masks on.  Such a crazy bubble here.  HS games players still have masks on.  Outside I’d say 70% of residents wearing masks.  

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

He might still be on here. Datres might know

Wasn’t it the dude that was a Sports Mgmt prof?  There were some knockdown, drag-out arguments on here a few years ago. 

I know I’m a broken record when this subject comes up but a good place to look is Grand Canyon.  Find out what they do to bring people in at a city that has PLENTY of other entertainment options. They average 7k per game.  I was hoping this week while in Phoenix that GCU had a home game so I could check it out for myself and maybe dig into some info. 

2 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

Wasn’t it the dude that was a Sports Mgmt prof?  There were some knockdown, drag-out arguments on here a few years ago. 

I know I’m a broken record when this subject comes up but a good place to look is Grand Canyon.  Find out what they do to bring people in at a city that has PLENTY of other entertainment options. They average 7k per game.  I was hoping this week while in Phoenix that GCU had a home game so I could check it out for myself and maybe dig into some info. 

Don't think that was Ryan. Don't remember.

It is wild to me that when I was a student (2003-2007) the games in Towson Center would draw decent student crowds and now we can’t get students to come to a beautiful arena when the team is killing it. 

• Like 1