• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
sr16

Pain...

19 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

You can talk x's and o's all you want, but that's not why they lost tonight. Pat probably coached his best season overall. In a lot of ways, this team overachieved. He coached these guys up to a point and whether it was fatigue, injuries or lack of talent, they didn't get it done. In a lot of ways, Delaware underachieved most of the season until now. They have the best seven players in the league. They have good guard play and guys that can get their own shot. More on another post.

Injuries fatigue. Excuses. 

Delaware was picked first for reason. They are talented. But I’d take pat of MI.  That’s saying a lot. 

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Nolan. Gray Holden Rizzuto gone. Some transfers out.  

Holden is not gone. Rizzuto and Nolan have another year left if they want to return and Pat takes them back. My guess is one or both might not return.

You are not rebuilding with Thompson, Holden, Timberlake, and Gibson (that's three all-conference players back). Maybe Nolan or Rizzuto return. Hopefully, Hicks adds some muscle and improves his shot. I'm not sure if he's going to be a starter in the future. Maybe a rotation player.

Back to the portal just like every other mid-major team. Bottom line is that he did a nice job with three of the four players. Needs a long wing who can score off the bounce. A prototypical slasher.  

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Holden is not gone. Rizzuto and Nolan have another year left if they want to return and Pat takes them back. My guess is one or both might not return.

You are not rebuilding with Thompson, Holden, Timberlake, and Gibson (that's three all-conference players back). Maybe Nolan or Rizzuto return. Hopefully, Hicks adds some muscle and improves his shot. I'm not sure if he's going to be a starter in the future. Maybe a rotation player.

Back to the portal just like every other mid-major team. Bottom line is that he did a nice job with three of the four players. Needs a long wing who can score off the bounce. A prototypical slasher.  

Hmm. Maybe rizztuo is back. Nick is also like 50 And can move on to A career or another school. 

35 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Hmm. Maybe rizztuo is back. Nick is also like 50 And can move on to A career or another school. 

You wish. I doubt he leaves though. He didn't even participate in Senior Day which means he's definitely coming back for another year. Could be here for two more if he wanted. Technically, he's a redshirt junior and last season didn't count. Another Boston guy like PS. Where else does he go where he has a chance to be on the all-conference team?

As for Rizzuto, not sure about that one. If he returns and gets his knee repaired, see him maybe in a bench role. 

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

You wish. I doubt he leaves though. He didn't even participate in Senior Day which means he's definitely coming back for another year. Could be here for two more if he wanted. Technically, he's a redshirt junior and last season didn't count. Another Boston guy like PS. Where else does he go where he has a chance to be on the all-conference team?

As for Rizzuto, not sure about that one. If he returns and gets his knee repaired, see him maybe in a bench role. 

🥱 

After braving COVID to come watch the JMU game and the completion of the UDel "slippery floor game", this team had me convinced they were invincible. I think it was Chris D who said, ".. they're locked in a zone..". The level of play in those 58mins was frankly mind-blowing - the likes of which I've never seen since I began following Tiger MBb in '89-'90!! But then a 6 day layoff before Northeastern, and Ugh; a repulsive squeaker we were lucky to emerge with a W from, only to hot a blue and yellow wall!! 

Since those wonderful teams of '90 - '96, there's only been 3-4 other decent teams that looked like they might've rekindled the flames of "the Special K's & Scooter, of Lee & Lightning, of Blalock & Boyd. Namely, the team where PG Brian Allen was a senior, the better of the two Gary Neal teams, the "Benimon Gang", and then this year..

I can't wait much longer. Another 5-8 year gap, and I may be watching Tiger hoops from the next world. It's like an old record player where one of the groves in the record is bad, and the same 2-seconds repeat over & over; itz like "Ground Hog Day" - how appropriate given Bill Murray sat in the Towson Center 15+/- years back.. Will somebody please, PLEASE fix my basketball team??!!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

Nothing.  We just have people on this board who see things in black and white.  He's been deserving of criticism in the past.  This season, not at all.  That's not putting someone on a pedestal.  That's actually analyzing a situation as it happens rather than bringing in prejudiced thinking.  

You seem like an intelligent guy but to say the coach has no bearing on their team’s performance  is pretty asinine. Give him the praise for winning and having a great season but you can’t ignore the postseason slumps. If anything, I question whether he had the team mentally prepared at the start of these past few games where we were down. Looked off and not prepared at all. Give him credit for the adjustments later on in the game but too little too late. This season at least showed he is capable of making changes in game and his approach to winning games overall..

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Are we expecting one more year for Cam? I've been under the impression that was gone after this year for some reason. If he comes back, there's a chance we bring back 4/5 starters which would make expectations pretty high heading into next year.