• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

I love both programs but it’s so much more important to promote football because few people know who’s on the field. They’d rather talk about the new track and uniforms. I’m used to seeing scrimmages on Saturday mornings so when practices were moved around to different times, I wasn’t able to see as many practices as usual. On Saturday, I think I’ll see a team that I probably didn’t see much of in the spring and summer. An uptempo team on offense and organized chaos on defense. Maryland’s offensive line is shaky so getting to a very mobile Tagovailoa is a must.

The students are just getting back to school so maybe I'll cut them some slack on the content but sheesh not much time left to promote the game in 6 days.  I hope they do more to promote football, the tailgate set up sounds promising as always. Tua's brother is an unbelievable talent, it's gonna be tough to sack him with how mobile he is. Hope there are lots of Towson fans in college Park on Saturday! 

20 minutes ago, Blounge said:

The students are just getting back to school so maybe I'll cut them some slack on the content but sheesh not much time left to promote the game in 6 days.  I hope they do more to promote football, the tailgate set up sounds promising as always. Tua's brother is an unbelievable talent, it's gonna be tough to sack him with how mobile he is. Hope there are lots of Towson fans in college Park on Saturday! 

I’m not saying promote the Maryland game. Promote the team. If Pete wants to hide all the new guys and QBs, promote Gibbs. Woods and Javier. Ask Volpe why he returned after transferring to Duke.

The Sun article on RA was encouraging to read. Glad to see that he and Steve E. had a relatively amicable parting, and that Rob understands the need to give his successor space but also wants to be supportive. 

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

not bad. they finally got someone who has shopped in this millennium to do merchandising. love the vintage collection and cartoon collections. only small thing is I wish for the vintage stuff they used TSU vs updating to TU for the pre '97 logos.  It's not really vintage, more retro-inspired. I get hating when people call us "Towson State" (mostly on tv...looking at you ESPN) but we don't need to erase history. 

I'd love some kind of super retro inspired: Maryland State Normal School; Maryland State Teachers College; Towson State College. So much cool history the university could use but we really only function like most of the post WW2 schools. 

https://archives.towson.edu/wiki/normal-schools
https://archives.towson.edu/wiki/name-changes