• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

4 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Talk about a total tease....I saw this graphic (see bottom right of graphic) and headline on CBSsports.com and for a minute thought they had lost their minds.  Spoiler alert; Towson is not one of the top 101 teams.

CBS Sports - News, Live Scores, Schedules, Fantasy Games, Video and more. - CBSSports.com

Web capture_24-10-2023_173133_www.cbssports.com.jpeg

Towson is 139 on Kenpom, which isn't that far away. It is funny that our logo is included on the tease. We aren't one of the best 101 teams now, and probably will have trouble doing so this year, but on top of the main goal of making the NCAA Tournament being a top 80-90 team annually would be something I would like to accomplish from a stability standpoint. I do realize it would be extremely difficult.

Just for a reference point, Charleston was 52 on this list and 97th on KenPom. Drexel is 107 and Hofstra is 113 in KenPom. That all means nothing, but I always find it interesting to look at before games get started. https://kenpom.com/. Colorado is 31st on it and 29th on KenPom. Not an easy way to get things started this season. 

30 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I’m admittedly a glass half empty guy, so I’m going to assume the NCAA denies his petition, until I see otherwise. Regardless of what the NCAA decides, it’s outrageous to let this kid twist in the wind like this. It’s not rocket science or brain surgery. Make a damn decision and be done with it. I needn’t point out how challenged to get W’s this team would be without Tarke, Watson and Conway. 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m admittedly a glass half empty guy, so I’m going to assume the NCAA denies his petition, until I see otherwise. Regardless of what the NCAA decides, it’s outrageous to let this kid twist in the wind like this. It’s not rocket science or brain surgery. Make a damn decision and be done with it. I needn’t point out how challenged to get W’s this team would be without Tarke, Watson and Conway. 

The ncaa really has no authority anymore. Just play him. What are they doing to do? Vacate 10 or so wins?  Do they even know or care who Towson is?  I kid. Sort of. 
But you are 100% correct decisions shouldn’t take this long. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The ncaa really has no authority anymore. Just play him. What are they doing to do? Vacate 10 or so wins?  Do they even know or care who Towson is?  I kid. Sort of. 

I agree with you 100%

18 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah, I heard somewhere that the NCAA is overburdened from all of the transfer paperwork and requests from the COVID timeframe. I am probably speaking from ignorance, but to your point either uniformly let all of the two-time transfers do it or don't. This one-by-one case examination seems inefficient and likely unfair to the lower profile kids who are trying to do it. 

4 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

Yeah, I heard somewhere that the NCAA is overburdened from all of the transfer paperwork and requests from the COVID timeframe. I am probably speaking from ignorance, but to your point either uniformly let all of the two-time transfers do it or don't. This one-by-one case examination seems inefficient and likely unfair to the lower profile kids who are trying to do it. 

Covid was a few years ago. The seniors now would be the last class effected. Didn’t happen last month, they shoulda hired more people to be prepared for these. Alas it’s the ncaa

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Covid was a few years ago. The seniors now would be the last class effected. Didn’t happen last month, they shoulda hired more people to be prepared for these. Alas it’s the ncaa

I know, but my main point is COVID is still affecting transfers and eligibility requests. With NIL in play, there are still a lot of people trying to figure out ways to get paid or extend their careers. Makes for a lot of paperwork, and obviously the NCAA hasn't invested in the resources because it doesn't produce revenue and they don't really care about student-athletes. No surprise at all.