• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

On 10/23/2023 at 11:57 AM, mat1992 said:

I highly encourage everyone who reads this to register for the men’s basketball state of the union zoom. Come prepared with a list of question, suggestions, and willingness to help improve the program. We bitch and moan on here about all the things we would like to happen with towson athletics. Here is a rare opportunity to voice your opinion to someone who might be able to implement that change 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

I highly encourage everyone who reads this to register for the men’s basketball state of the union zoom. Come prepared with a list of question, suggestions, and willingness to help improve the program. We bitch and moan on here about all the things we would like to happen with towson athletics. Here is a rare opportunity to voice your opinion to someone who might be able to implement that change 

Now THIS should be interesting. Kudos to the program the athletics department for arranging this forum.  Need to check my schedule to confirm my availability to attend! 

• Thanks 1

These guys could work in sales if they don’t go pro. They would be better ticket salesman than we have ever had before! Why does it seem like the towson horse has to drag they information outta them to tell people the perks of buying season tickets?

steve E is making some moves but there is still a lot of work to be done

22 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Welp, that nice consolation prize for winning the conference regular season title is out the window thanks to the elitists in college sports.  At least we got to experience it once.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2023-10-27/nit-board-announces-changes-nit-and-use-experimental-rules

A rare agreement. What horseshit. So now there will be more 15-17 record teams (or worse) who probably don’t want to be there.  Awful awful 

Terrible. But not surprising. They dont care about mid majors and low majors. They want viewership and they know the better brand the school has the more people will tune in. 

25 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

A rare agreement. What horseshit. So now there will be more 15-17 record teams (or worse) who probably don’t want to be there.  Awful awful 

Unbelievable.  Yet another idiotic decision.   Those teams from the Power 5 that qualify don't care.  At least with the automatic bid to teams that do not win their tournament you have schools with players that actually give a $hit.  NCAA never ceases to amaze me with their crap.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Unbelievable.  Yet another idiotic decision.   Those teams from the Power 5 that qualify don't care.  At least with the automatic bid to teams that do not win their tournament you have schools with players that actually give a $hit.  NCAA never ceases to amaze me with their crap.

I mean if we had a true round robin still I would say fuck the conference tourneys (I still do). The best team over 18 games and 2 months should be in not the best team over 3/4 days and games.  
The smaller conferences have to really think about it. Would sending your 28–6 regular season champ have better chance at winning another unit (around $2 million over there 6 years) than the revenue from hosting a conference tournament/tv?  I would think so

• Like 1