• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

117-183 for 63%

Now we basically have 1 game a week until conference play starts January 4th. 

Yes I know we’ve had a history of poor foul shooting but knowing what we know after 9 games…. if we are gonna pull out some close wins in CAA play with how refs tend to call games currently we gotta be able to knock down more free throws.  

We’ve said in the past ad nausea that this is the one area of the game that can be easily improved if you put more emphasis and time to it.  

Shoot them free throws boys!  70% or bust!

What?!  Currently we average 20 attempts with 13 makes a game. If you want us to shoot 70%,. That would be a 14 for 20 average. One point isn’t going to be the difference in a win or loss in 95% of our games. Sorry, but there are much more important things to work on 

14 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

What?!  Currently we average 20 attempts with 13 makes a game. If you want us to shoot 70%,. That would be a 14 for 20 average. One point isn’t going to be the difference in a win or loss in 95% of our games. Sorry, but there are much more important things to work on 

If I said 75% you would have called me crazy.  Ton of things to work as a team however shooting free throws can be done individually and on their own time as well. 

We just beat a solid UMASS team at home and played “4” freshman for a combined total of 82 minutes.  Jan 4th CAA play begins.  We can be a top 4 team in this conference!

• Like 3

Also huge that Pat Skerry did the unthinkable and trusted four freshman to go out and perform. Gotta give the high school guys hope that they’ll play when they get here and won’t get their spot taken by a transfer portal guy

1 minute ago, Blounge said:

Also huge that Pat Skerry did the unthinkable and trusted four freshman to go out and perform. Gotta give the high school guys hope that they’ll play when they get here and won’t get their spot taken by a transfer portal guy

Last season against UMASS no freshman played.  Keep in mind it was Game#2 on the schedule.  I think the tournament we did this season will pay off so much more than last season when we played Fairfield/South Alabama/Mercer and went 2-1.  
If we hadn’t played the likes of Houston, Wake Forest & North Texas recently do we think we would have held on last night with Lowery (played some PG) fouled out and basically Dylan, CT & May breaking their press?!! 

We kill this team when they lose and I’m gonna praise the hell out of them today after a huge home win with a super small home crowd to support them despite the chicken sandwiches.  

It is us the Towson fanbase (what’s left from the bandwagon) our team, coaches and staff against the world the rest of the way.  I have the chip on my shoulder.  If not with us this season then you are the enemy.  
Charles Thompson is my guy and he’s gonna lead this group to a dance 🕺 🪩🏀🐯

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

If I said 75% you would have called me crazy.  Ton of things to work as a team however shooting free throws can be done individually and on their own time as well. 

We just beat a solid UMASS team at home and played “4” freshman for a combined total of 82 minutes.  Jan 4th CAA play begins.  We can be a top 4 team in this conference!

I think you are crazy no matter what 😆. Free throws are easy to work on and not enough to do, that we agree on. But the difference in shooting 64% and 70% is marginal. Much rather shoot 35% from three. Analytics. 
We just beat a UMASS team playing 4 freshman 77 minutes in their first collegiate road game.  They were better than the other teams we’ve beat but that’s not saying much as the other 3 combined for 2 total wins going into last night!!!

most of your posts make me chuckle, which is needed around here.  Keep dreaming and maybe one day it will come true.

16 minutes ago, Blounge said:

It’s more out of necessity. He’s stubborn and typically doesn’t. But they have shown flashes which is good

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Just in time for a grudge match against the team we grabbed him from in Nicholls on December 22. Funny that we will have two of these with Sulaiman facing Bryant on December 16, who he originally committed to out of the portal. I guess all is fair in the Wild West-like environment of the transfer portal. It will be good to get Tarke in this lineup and have a couple of games to sort things out before conference play starts.

If we are near being the team we want to be, we should grab wins in each of the final four non-conference contests (Acadia doesn't really count). Bryant seems like the toughest of the group having won five of their last six. With the up and down nature of our offense nothing can be assumed, so let's build off this UMass win with a good effort at UMBC. 

• Like 1

Should certainly help improve free throw percentage and lower turnovers. Another body for when guys inevitably get into foul trouble and we need to rotate next man up 

3 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

Just in time for a grudge match against the team we grabbed him from in Nicholls on December 22. Funny that we will have two of these with Sulaiman facing Bryant on December 16, who he originally committed to out of the portal. I guess all is fair in the Wild West-like environment of the transfer portal. It will be good to get Tarke in this lineup and have a couple of games to sort things out before conference play starts.

If we are near being the team we want to be, we should grab wins in each of the final four non-conference contests (Acadia doesn't really count). Bryant seems like the toughest of the group having won five of their last six. With the up and down nature of our offense nothing can be assumed, so let's build off this UMass win with a good effort at UMBC. 

Would have been 3 of these type games, if Watson hadn’t gotten injured (NCAT is on the schedule later this season)