• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

Stunned.  This is reprehensible.  Unless there are some things listed in that extension that we do not know about there was no reason or need to extend this contract.  13 years with 4 or 5 conference tournament finals appearances and maybe 1 or 2 NCAA tournament bids is too long to stay with one coach.  As we all know this coach has ZERO conference tournament finals appearances and ZERO NCAA tournament bids.  That's ZERO (let me check to make sure) CAA conference appearances, I just wanted to make sure we somehow ended up in the ACC for a few years during that 13 year run. 

By the way.  When you want to release information but do not want to make big waves about it what do you do?  You release it or let it slip out on a Friday.  Towson doubled down on this by having this information "leak", "slip" however you want to say it by giving it to the school newspaper.  Kudos to Jake Shindel, who I think does a phenomenal job and probably is Towson's best prospect to go work in "professional sports", but if the athletic department was truly excited about the extension news a huge press release is sent out with media availability to all tv stations and the Sun.

This is an admission by the department and probably a realization we all need to recognize that for what we have to pay a basketball coach we ain't getting one better than Pat and if we were to let him go the replacement would probably also becoming from a West Florida type level school.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Stony Brook this Thursday.   Let’s all focus at the next task at hand.  
Did anyone congratulate any of our players or coaching staff for the big win over the weekend??  If not get on it.  
Positive reenforcement with this young group 😉

I saw Double T in the gym getting up shots on Sunday I’m assuming!?  Gym 🐀 👏

United & Alaska 🛬 a mess right now..  lots of time of course but we all gotta be ready to pull the trigger come March.  Barclays Center would be my first choice!

Goh Tigers.  

2 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

Towson doubled down on this by having this information "leak", "slip" however you want to say it by giving it to the school newspaper.  Kudos to Jake Shindel, who I think does a phenomenal job and probably is Towson's best prospect to go work in "professional sports", but if the athletic department was truly excited about the extension news a huge press release is sent out with media availability to all tv stations and the Sun. 

Jake is among the CAA's finest! My guy. And on those lines, I sorta doubt it was "given" to the Towerlight. Probably nitpicking your statement but as a practical matter, more credit goes to Jake for obtaining the record, which takes hoops to jump etc. TU definitely did not want it out and wasn't handing the TL any favors.

Apples and oranges scenario in all likelihood, but it reminded me to compare with Delaware's Ingelsby extension announcement: Ingelsby Extended Through 2028-29 Season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Stony Brook this Thursday.   Let’s all focus at the next task at hand.  
Did anyone congratulate any of our players or coaching staff for the big win over the weekend??  If not get on it.  
Positive reenforcement with this young group 😉

I saw Double T in the gym getting up shots on Sunday I’m assuming!?  Gym 🐀 👏

United & Alaska 🛬 a mess right now..  lots of time of course but we all gotta be ready to pull the trigger come March.  Barclays Center would be my first choice!

Goh Tigers.  

This basketball program even knows how to screw up the narrative when they have a big win........disgraceful

15 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

This basketball program even knows how to screw up the narrative when they have a big win........disgraceful

Oh we are fine.  Enjoy the win and get fired up for Stony Brook.  As fans we can only control so much.  
I see a freshman like Tejada getting shots up the day after hitting a game winner and it gives me a sense of pride.  Maybe this group gets it done come March.  
16 more to go plus conference tournament.  Lots of twists and turns ahead..  we should be worrying more about Matt keeping his sanity cause we rely on so much of his coverage etc.  

50 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Oh we are fine.  Enjoy the win and get fired up for Stony Brook.  As fans we can only control so much.  
I see a freshman like Tejada getting shots up the day after hitting a game winner and it gives me a sense of pride.  Maybe this group gets it done come March.  
16 more to go plus conference tournament.  Lots of twists and turns ahead..  we should be worrying more about Matt keeping his sanity cause we rely on so much of his coverage etc.  

I admire your optimism. You deserve tons of credit!

7 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Living in sunny California helps..  easy life. 
Having Charles Thompson as a representative of Towson helps.  
Having 2012 on this board keeping us in check helps.  

Ton of mistakes made through the years..  remember when Goodman alleged assault on Coach Hunt?  
Bringing in Pat Kennedy after “4” consecutive losing seasons between DePaul & Montana.  Never found us another “Bob Sura” type player and he had “7” losing seasons in a row for us.  🫣  

Gary Neal averaged 25.6 points a game in his 2 seasons and we in turn went 27-33 🫢

Heck of a story if this suffering fan base can finally win and dance 🕺 

7 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

Stunned.  This is reprehensible.  Unless there are some things listed in that extension that we do not know about there was no reason or need to extend this contract.  13 years with 4 or 5 conference tournament finals appearances and maybe 1 or 2 NCAA tournament bids is too long to stay with one coach.  As we all know this coach has ZERO conference tournament finals appearances and ZERO NCAA tournament bids.  That's ZERO (let me check to make sure) CAA conference appearances, I just wanted to make sure we somehow ended up in the ACC for a few years during that 13 year run. 

By the way.  When you want to release information but do not want to make big waves about it what do you do?  You release it or let it slip out on a Friday.  Towson doubled down on this by having this information "leak", "slip" however you want to say it by giving it to the school newspaper.  Kudos to Jake Shindel, who I think does a phenomenal job and probably is Towson's best prospect to go work in "professional sports", but if the athletic department was truly excited about the extension news a huge press release is sent out with media availability to all tv stations and the Sun.

This is an admission by the department and probably a realization we all need to recognize that for what we have to pay a basketball coach we ain't getting one better than Pat and if we were to let him go the replacement would probably also becoming from a West Florida type level school.  

All on point. It is quite sad. BUT WE DID BEAT A TEAM (not entirely the same but won’t get into that) WHO BEAT KENTUCKY!  LIKE WE ARE GOOD. DONT BE A DEBBIE DOWNER. SHEESH

4 hours ago, Dan Steenkamer said:

Jake is among the CAA's finest! My guy. And on those lines, I sorta doubt it was "given" to the Towerlight. Probably nitpicking your statement but as a practical matter, more credit goes to Jake for obtaining the record, which takes hoops to jump etc. TU definitely did not want it out and wasn't handing the TL any favors.

Apples and oranges scenario in all likelihood, but it reminded me to compare with Delaware's Ingelsby extension announcement: Ingelsby Extended Through 2028-29 Season

Martin made the dance though

2 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

He deserves a one way trip to the insane asylum! Hahah

• Haha 1