• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Thoughts on Timberlake?

Just wanted to gauge the board's interest in how you feel about Nick Timberlake. I just noticed he did well in a KU scrimmage. Will you still root for him at Kansas? 

Personally, he was one of the most improved players of any I covered over the last 25 years. Did I think he'd end up at Kansas as a key cog on their team? Not when he was averaging around 6ppg as the CAA Sixth Man of the Year. He also, at times, reminded me of Bradley Beal on a much smaller scale, who was just traded to Phoenix. Developed into a very good shooter. Struggled defensively and unlike Beal, didn't attack the basket much. Like Beal, was not always great in the clutch.

Also, like Beal, a good dude who I'm sure is going to have fun in Lawrence and pressure will be two-fold. There will be much more pressure from the fans for him to be successful, but he won't be counted on to be the number one option.

Only wish him the best. He was here half a century. (Kidding, sort of). Stayed longer than he needed too. Seemed like he loved Towson but don’t blame him for wanting to play in march and he wasn’t ever going to do that here.  
Should be a nice role player for Kansas. Won’t be a star but decent. With that said F*ck Kansas and bill self 

Wish him the best. He played 5 years here. Certainly can’t begrudge him the chance to play for a national championship & likely make a substantial amount of money in the process. 

I'll definitely be rooting for him.  He graduated from here and had a ton of high-major interest.  How could he turn down that opportunity?  And now he's in a great situation where he doesn't have to be be the man every night.  With the talent that KU has, teams may lose track of him and he can get 12-15 per night with some games in the 20's.