• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
AtlantaTiger

Ryan Conway

The charges and story are very disappointing.  Obviously innocent until proven guilty and he will have his day in court. Just a bad situation overall. That last quote in the story is also worded terribly for the situation. I know what was attempted to be said but sounded awkward. 

There is obviously a lot to address here besides the basketball aspect. It is a long account with lots of delays and weird timing. Seems to be taking a long time…

Skerry has had a lot of good students and citizens over the years, especially compared to the former regime. He has also been very good at getting things swept under the rug. Those weee obviously not as serious as this though 

• Like 1

Awful all around and I had both my sons read about it as a teaching lesson last night. My 18 year old who is playing football at a JC right now first thoughts were..  “he could be innocent but one incident like this has messed up his entire life on and off the court.  His face is all over the news and we don’t know anything about the accuser and may never will.  It’s all messed up.  I’m having nothing to do with any girls while I’m in college period.”

Mind you that coming out of Covid here in San Francisco we had a huge HS sports scandal if you can call it that where various athletes were accused of inappropriate behavior.. verbal or physical and school after school had a protest of sorts by current students.  He honestly never had a girlfriend of any sorts during HS because of this whole mess as most were scared they’d be accused if they even texted someone of the opposite sex. 

Where am I going with all this I don’t know.  It just sucks for both parties and the University.  Before social media we had the Quintin Dailey saga that shutdown the entire USF basketball program and I have current friends who attended that school at the same time and said it was consensual and was more of a love quarrel gone bad etc.  

It is so damn tough to grow up in this current environment with social media etc.  What an awful situation all around.  

• Like 1

Quoting @RundaPower from Canada thread and moving this to the right thread:

If you are suggesting that there is a possibility of others from the program involved, don’t. This is an Isolated incident according to the deposition. Has nothing to do with any other person in the program.

I’m not suggesting that at all.  That would be unethical.  I was having a discussion about this with someone over the weekend and was saying that it’s possible someone might start asking about the program given the time between incident and charges.  Due process and PR/public opinion are two different things and I’m just hoping that there isn’t anything lying beneath that someone could sniff out. 

• Like 1