• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

The Canada Trip

25 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Well, I think we all know the University is not going to fire Skerry and have to pay him off plus pay his successor. He’s either going to get an extension or take a trip to lame duck city, a la PK & Ambrose. With a new AD & University President, I’m guessing an extension is questionable, at best, unless he wins a conference tournament, which is extraordinarily unlikely this coming season. Hell, opposing coaches can probably already portray him to recruits as a lame duck, as his contract expires before any incoming freshman would complete 4 years at TU. Fortunately, that’s not as big an issue when it comes to portal transfers 

Well yeah chances winning the conference tournament is next to zero now. It was .01% and that was assuming he would be suspended for the games in March 😂😂. Would be the only chance.

If that is what is going to happen let’s either cut athletics or just move down to d2

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Jake Shindel tweeted it was a Grade 2 ACL sprain.  Assuming he meant tear. 
Damn ACL.  Sucks for Watson.  The show must and will go on.  Step up freshman!

It’s a tear

From what little I just read (skimmed really), Grade II ACL tear, Watson could return in as little as 3-4 months, or take until next season.. 

This is one star-crossed program, where "when it rains it pours".. 

I know bad things can and do happen to most teams, but I swear I STILL suspect our athletic trainors, wondering if we're up to speed w other similar athletic programs (UDel, VCU, Richmond, etc). I know you called me down on this before Matt, but seems like those folks come & go every 3 or 4 years, and we're left getting another gang of recent graduates to experiment and pad their learning curve on our players.. 

5 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Life happens. To borrow a cliche, next man up. Whatever chance we had of being a legitimate contender for the conference title is realistically gone, so Skerry might as well play the youngsters and see what we got. Pressure really mounts on Skerry, I would think, as he only has 2 years left on his contract after this upcoming season, if I’m not mistaken 

Four years left on his contract including the 2023-24 season. Just received an extension.

Out her in Bay Area there is talk of a new procedure that is coming sooner rather than later where you will be able to recover from an ACL tear in 2-3 months.  I know I know that sounds impossible but I’ve been speaking with a University of CA surgeon who said they are very close to a procedure with that quick turnaround. 

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Four years left on his contract including the 2023-24 season. Just received an extension.

Skerry received an extension???????????????????????????

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

damn.. that is devasting. On a breakaway dunk just taking it up too hard... in an exhibition game. Brutal.